Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mountains of Papework, thank you, it was worth it...updates and whatever happened to the Grand Jury Investigation? Apology to the first time reader...

The mountain of paperwork here in the mountains...

I've been on another mission, to organize all of the paperwork I have collected over the years from the Kern Valley Healthcare District. It's quite amazing how much I have, and how much room it takes up, especially when I keep it on the floor and on the bed, and on top of other surfaces.

So, I've been reading and laughing, and enjoying the second look at all this wonderfully damning material.

And after a full week I can say I'm finally half way through it. But it has been worth the time, effort and pain, to do it. (The wonderful people at Sienna Wellness put some shots in my neck, and put me back on my bicycle yesterday, and I am so grateful and you will be too.)

The Kern County Grand Jury Investigation:

I was just remembering our old friend Ed the Grand Jury investigator we called out in 2007. I found his email and phone number amongst the rubble of paperwork and wondered what had happened with him.

Last thing I remember is sitting in an unmarked car with him in front of Burger King, handing him over tapes and DVD's as well as emails and a list of witnesses, (something out of "All the President's men) and then he just disappeared.

The last I heard, he had spoken with Mr. Jamison, part of the "sticky three" board members who held back public information, (I will show you some laws I found about this) mismanaged and literally gave money to favorites, brought on a charged defendant in an elder abuse case and abused the media for his political purposes, and micromanaged the district breaking laws along the way.

Then he was gone. Did he think Mr. Jamison sounded more credible than email and audio and video evidence?

Well, I'm going to contact them again, now that the state mind you, not the county of Kern, but the state, brought charges regarding the elder abuse and the investigation with the Grand jury fizzled out.

What happened to Kern County? Where did they go? I want my evidence back, maybe I can take it to someone who cares.

I'll update you on this quest. I'm sure there's a record of the complaints. I say complaints, because there were many who backed this investigation up. He spoke to witnesses long before the state of California. Maybe they should share some information. I'll call the state and ask if they have the investigation done, by Big Ed, county investigator. If they don't, wouldn't you think that they should? He had fresh stuff, unlike the state, who came in after the parade finding only confetti and paranoia.

So, Ed the investigator just walked thru, a cursory glance, while people were fired (hey found the record of the "last thirty, dirty days" of Pam Ott too. It's been fruitful to look back.) residents were in jeopardy, and the media was twisting or unable to alert the public in a proper manner.

Get back to you on this. Let's ask Jon McQuiston our first district "county" supervisor what happened to the back up we called out in 2007.

Political Dodge Ball

Egovonix: the government style of ebonix, speaking in it's acronym ridden government tongue. Governmentese or whatever is difficult to understand thus leading to a hiding place for those in the complicated morass of laws and politics.

This healthcare district being so influenced by state and federal regulations is a tangled web of documentation and having to learn it myself, and then explain it to an audience is difficult at best.

And I still don't understand the point that ignorance of the law is no excuse, yet we need lawyers? Wouldn't that demand the law and it's peculiar vocabulary practices and rituals with gavels, bibles, and robes, be easy enough for us all to understand???

But the average person remains an outsider, kept out by the language, the money, the power, segregated, yet in charge of the vote. Politicians use the media, their own media now with the advent of mass communication via the Internet, and collude to keep us on the outside away from the handshakes and deals which go down. (though all politicians deny this and claim to be victims of the media, misunderstood, and misrepresented, they feed each other.)

So in regard to understanding this blog and not get lost in translation, my recommendation, is to recognize the complex nature of the situation we have at hand here in our isolated valley. We have financial malpractice of a general nature going on, which if we (we meaning the people with influence and power, and those elected to do their jobs) acquiesce one more time on correcting this situation, it may be the end of things.

I want to mention that people who read this blog need to understand that there are various layers of information I am putting forth, and I'm speaking to several different audiences at once. There are many "inside" jokes that the average or god help you, first time reader encounters.
And then there's the over flow of information, which is what I like to do: back it up with paperwork, video and those juicy quotes.

I'm in the habit now of putting up my posts right onto the blog, and when they are finished, as I add and subtract, then I push the finished stories to the top of the list. Dates and times of the original post changes. So, there are three under construction now.

I'm sure it's annoying for some of you and I'm sorry if it's an inconvenience to have to read me twice or even three times. (I feel for you.)

But along with this virtual journalism putting a story together while everyone is watching, I get feedback before I republish, and can hone the organization and layout again.

Isn't that great?

There are now over 210 posts on this blog, and there will be more to come as we make our journey toward justice, compassionate medical care for all, media responsibility, political oversight, and up the ladder we will go and address more issues on top of this.

Phew!!

But my activism started out young, yes, I was spreading fliers around my neighborhood trying to aid the late and great Jacques Cousteau on his mission to stop pollution from killing the oceans and the natural environment. I cried over reefs (?) as a child. What will the fish do?

My early fliers included pictures of orcas and I could draw sharks too. (A lot like I'm doing now, just with actual photos and spellcheck)

Help stop polushun donte littre your kiling the animals

That was my message. I hadn't acquired any grammar skills at that point. (I'm still working on it as you can tell.)

My homemade fliers, conceived in a seven year old mind, were interesting to the neighbors. I moved on to stopping forest fires next: that Smokey the bear... you know what I mean. After that I went into a deep childhood depression over nuclear bombs too.

UPDATE:

So, some updates: The Mt. Mesa clinical pharmacy is the issue at hand, and the financial hoodwinking going on at the hospital in regards to such.

The next issue will be compassionate care. That should always be the issue, and I hold it in high regard. The Rural Health Clinic product review, coming right up.

How you can obtain records at the hospital. Thought it was only me, you too can question the healthcare district. Let's discuss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment