Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wow! I'm in the newspaper. Gosh it gives me a renewed sense of energy and possibly optimism...Oh, they didn't use my name...Oh, wait...

You know I've done some things in my life which brought attention, both wanted and unwanted, but this is really a first for me.

Of all the things I've done here in the valley, some yelling, fist slamming, criticizing, lots of sarcasm, according to today's local newspaper, "members of the public were noticeably taken aback when a long time attendee (me) of the meetings and frequent critic of the board and administration, stood up to give the invocation."

What this means is that I prayed and according to the newspaper, people were visibly reacting to it. (I was praying, they were reporting, so I guess that's what happened)

Now, I've never prayed in front of other people, maybe my family, but I gave it my best, as I talk to God at home in a more familiar manner.

Does it really have to be news that I prayed? I'm kind of embarrassed right now thinking that while my head was bowed down, in reverence, that people were "taken aback."

I know God has a sense of humor because he created me, but I was praying for divine guidance in all that I do and hopefully all that the hospital does too, not a blurb in the paper.

Anyway, just wanted to mention it. Sorry to the reporter and people reacting, but we were all created by the same creator, if that shocks you I'm sorry.

(Now if I show up at your door with a bible and a list of religious beliefs I want you to follow, then yes, get taken aback. My spirituality shouldn't be news: it should be obvious. It's all been God given and God driven for me.)

And now back to the History Channel...(I know the newspaper doesn't care much for history or history teachers for that matter, but here we go again. Hello, Department of Justice...)

1 comment: