Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Small Clams case continued to Wed. Feb. 10th at 3 pm, "The media monopoly vs. the freelance writer"

Can Small "Clams" Court finally clam them up?

Our cases were to be heard on Feb. 3, but there were a lot of cases in the small claims courthouse in Lake Isabella yesterday, and our media "fest" was held back until next week.

Which actually worked out well.

The crowd was there, Sun publisher, Marsha Smith, a bag full of court goodies, and Editor Cathy Perfect, chattering away with her superior about some community member, or as they call it in the midwest, gossip.

Susan Barr, the Sun writer, known for her quips and jabs (in her emails to me anyway), wrote a heavenly story regarding the prayer I was given the task to do at the Kern Valley Healthcare District board meeting.

Barr found news in the fact that I pray, but described in her opinion, an uncomfortable audience, which is disputed by several people who attended.

Cheap shot? Very. Dollar store shot, not even a "Home Mart" shot.

Could it be you next whom the writer's and editors at the only local "news" paper don't like or disagree with and use their podium to answer back at you, with a population likely believing them since you have no outlet yourself from which to defend against a reporter's attack.

Yes, it could be you, and it has been too many people in this valley and that is why I'm doing this court case, as small as it is, but the only way I could get into our courts.

No, this isn't a big money maker

There's no real money to be had, I will not be a millionaire at the end of the case.

But I will be redeemed that I took my issues to what I expect to be a fair hearing, will tell my side of the story, stick to the truth, and allow a judge who seemed quite fair, to listen to my complaint.

I didn't have eight babies or a steaming hot cup of coffee land in my lap, but what did happen is that I watched in horror as two outlets which report news, not only attack in a sneaky way myself, but hid important news and safety facts regarding the hospital, to the community, employees at the hospital (who came to the newspaper for help), and this recklessness simply had to be stopped in whatever way possible.

And small claims turned out to be the most viable.

Who is so insecure that they would knowingly print or post as is the case of the threat on the Kern Valley Sun blog site, a threat against someone when they could easily have overlooked that? They do it all the time. They don't post every comment.

They could have listened when I told them I had a police report filed because of the gun toting punk, and then the filed another police report when the KV Sun refused to take down the threat, but they played games which would make anyone nervous.

Would you appreciate the KV Sun putting up a threat on their blog site against you while you're in the middle of an investigation of the healthcare district, had a gun pointed at you, or would you be a little nervous every time you turned your doorknob as you came home?

No class, no thought behind any of this. That is why I choose not to play evil games but instead try to use the system that has been given to us in this country to settle such matters.

The issue between the KV Sun and I started three years ago as I asked that they not spread rumors about me, that if there are inquiries as to my status working there, they can say what they wanted, but not ridiculous games.

I went to the manager with my complaints and found out through a few sources that nothing had ended, the nonsense was on.

And I've tried to deal with both QAB and the Sun, asking for some mercy, that they leave me alone to do what I have to do in regard to the hospital, but it seems there is no mercy. More on this.

Finally met owner of QAB

Anthony Bohn, listed as the owner of QAB media LLC, someone I have never met, but was glad to yesterday, as now I know what or I should say, who, I'm really up against.

Mr. Bohn, noticed me immediately as I came through the crowded courtroom waiting area, where people were lined up to be heard, including myself, KV Sun and QAB.

Bohn, posted close to the door, asked immediately if I was Laura Hart, which impressed me for a moment, he did his homework, and could recognize me.

Bob Jamison was on hand, his mood seemed dim, he didn't approach me, until waved to come over by "boss" (this seems to be a bit contentious as Jamison shared a different relationship about his boss in an email, claiming control over the station due to his expertise in the engineering).

As Marsha Smith, Anthony Bohn and Bob Jamison were instructed by the bailiff to exchange information, I noticed several things about each of the defendants.

Smith, was not much for gabbing to me, but handed me my folder, and said, "I've already seen all this." I guess she feels safe now.

Then Mr. Bohn asked questions about the contents of my packet of paperwork, pictures, and blogs by Mr. Jamison, and several sexual emails with overtones regarding my potential employment at the radio stations.

Bohn said Jamison doesn't do the hiring, he does. Well, would that not make my point even sharper? It was a game Jamison was playing then, Mr. Bohn?

But anyway, in some of the articles I have read on QAB, there have been erroneous news reported regarding the hospital.

When I mentioned this to Mr. Bohn, he said they are not investigative journalists, which was never in question, but again I told him, you are a news outlet whom people rely on for truth.

He was quite warm, when he told me, there are radio stations for sale up here, you just need a "big check." (Yeah, thanks, that helps)

Or you have options like the media taking their responsibilities seriously or even possibly caring that people are informed. (But this whole thing has given me an idea for a satire which might be quite funny.)

Bohn said he's in the advertising business, (which will be addressed in the KV Sun case as that directly relates to the coverage of the hospital) the answer is a "yes" but, you still have responsibility to those who listen are asked to take you seriously. I'm sure the ABC radio news feed doesn't consider their news portion of the programming to be taken lightly.

Nobody is saying Mr. Bohn or his employees have to work for free, but there has to be some balance, is it just money, or can it be for both? If you can't put out a decent product and make enough money, then maybe...?

A final note: Mr. Bohn made a point of saying to me that Bob Jamison, KVHD board member, and Bob Jamison, engineer, broadcaster, and radiojock, are not the same person. One does one thing and the other does another.

ABSOLUTELY!

Except, Mr. Jamison has been taking the agenda of the hospital to the radio station and spilling out over the airwaves, and here's the answer to your question Mr. Bohn, with the obvious permission of the owner of the station.

Otherwise, it would have been stopped long ago.

I told Mr. Bohn it was nice to meet him after all this time, as we have tried many times to get messages to him, and until it came in the form of a court service, we were never even looked at, no phone calls, no attempt at contract.

Others called too: and it's a week away, but I think we should make this stand together and end this once and for all.

The hospital has other problems which we will be discussing, and we need to get rid of the poison which is still killing the reputation of the hospital.

Reputation=money

Nobody goes to a hospital where the locals recommend you stay away from. And it's rare if you have bad food and salmonella, that you will get a big lunch crowd, even if it wasn't your fault, your business served the lettuce.

So, the players are lined up, and the case will hit the deck as first up to bat on Wed. Feb. 10th at 3 pm in lake Isabella is our case.

If you feel that QAB was remiss in allowing elder abuse charged, former CEO, Pam Ott, to spend an hour of airtime defending herself with what appear to be bold faced lies, then maybe you have a case as well.

Sometimes it's not about winning a bunch of money to make your case: sometimes it's just a willingness to believe in the truth and set an example for those who want to make changes, better ones, for your family, your community, your country and eventually the world.

Too Pollyanna for you? Or is everyone too weak to take on the difficult tasks?
http://www.kern.courts.ca.gov/

Kern Valley Sun case # K1502-cs-4620

QAB media LLC (AKA Bob Jamison's bully pit) case #K1502-cs-4621

No comments:

Post a Comment