Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

How to file complaints: New KVHD "risk manager" Colleen Clayson

Risk manager for KVHD: Colleen Clayson

After a few rounds of emails between Kern Valley Healthcare District CEO, Tim McGlew, I got a call from the latest risk manager, Colleen Clayson.

Imagine the idea of being the "risk manager" at KVHD?
As we know former employee, and CNO, Sharon Brucker left that position as well as being head of cardiology and pulmonary departments, only a few months ago, and now a new name is on the wind, Colleen Clayson.

Clayson's job is not an easy one, and now the CEO has more time as he was answering complaints, along with board member, hospitalist, and owner of Sienna Wellness, Dr. Robert Gross DO, (which is quite the odd position as "normal" board members are forbidden to micromanage employees or obviously give a medical opinion on complaints, such as when one speaks to employee and Chief Nursing Officer, Mark Gordon.) who is now being pointed at by his CEO in regard to my "case."

The phone call

I received a phone call from Clayson late last week regarding my complaint. We danced around all sorts of issues, but I have a serious question as to something she said.

She told me the "website" I had utilized with Tim McGlew regarding the use or misuse of the drug "NARCAN" was incorrect as it can be used on people who are wide awake and not expecting a painful reaction as she had done it herself as an RN. I quickly asked her to clarify about the website and the uses of the medications: "could you cite your source so I can look it up?" I asked.

I responded that the website was only the first one I looked at upon coming in the door after being hospitalized and not having been told what this medication was or what is was doing to me. Telling her I finally talked to medical professionals about the drug, and its interaction with the "new" to the market medication I used, I really wanted to hear what she knew.

In a quick turnabout, she said, "well, I'm not a doctor."

However, moments before she was telling me she was an experienced RN who had used this medication on, I'm guessing people who are awake and alert, not experiencing respiratory depression, and have heart conditions, just like me. Hmm?

As when my father contacted Mr. McGlew and asked, or demanded probably, that he tell him what happened to my daughter. McGlew said, according to my Dad, "I'm not a doctor, call Jim Gutzman."

Welcome to the risk management department...they went that away...

So those who have problems with the hospital, its services, billings, doctors, you now can expect to be dancing with a fresh face, though the answers are much the same.

What can we do? I was asked that by Miss Clayson. I also asked for help from both the CEO and Sienna Wellness Institute with my issues: Nothing.

This sound more like the "Taking a risk department" rather than managing the problems...

More issues to speak of: What happened to David Weinstein's visit scheduled for today? Again, I ask why the hospital is not allowed, now after taking action to do it, to know all options that deal with its money issues? There was a vote...remember? And now there is some sort of hold up (funny), why it wouldn't be Cal Mtg. would it?
My new opinion: NO MORE SECRETS...purge, purge, purge!

No comments:

Post a Comment