Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dr. Pormir to be sentenced July 11th...and more

According to the Kern County Superior Court website, Dr. Hoshang Pormir, charged with eight counts of elder abuse plead no contest to one count of "conspiracy" last Friday, June 1st.

The eight counts of elder abuse were dismissed as Pormir has accepted the charge referred to in penal code, section 182 (a) (5): "To commit any act injurious to the public health, to public morals, or to pervert or obstruct justice, or the due administration of the laws."

Pormir is scheduled to return to court to be sentenced in the case on July 11th. 

Conspiracy would mean there are partners in this crime, and as of yet, the California Department of Justice has been keeping a low profile-- which is odd as they used this very case to elevate one of their own several years ago.

Now in the "hands" of Attorney General Kamala Harris, the case has not seen much media attention or actually there are no press releases listed on her website either.

Since the new "tight-lipped" AG has not given out much information regarding the case, I guess it's time to speculate a bit here.

Kamala Harris California Attorney "in General"  

There are three defendants in the elder abuse case, Pormir, former Kern Valley Healthcare District CEO, Pamela Ott and once director of nursing for the KVHD skilled nursing facility, Gwen Hughes.

As of now, Pormir is not scheduled for trial, and all information leads to the plea deal. The other two defendants remain on track for a trial later this month on June 25th. (we'll see)

But the legal code above really strikes me as something that could have been used to round up all the players at KVHD who allowed the residents of the skilled nursing center to suffer and possibly die due to alleged mistreatment, along with keeping it all quiet.

"...any person who actively participates in any criminal street gang, as defined in subdivision (f) of section 186.22, with knowledge that it's members engage in or have engaged in a pattern of criminal gang activity..."
 We tend to prejudice ourselves and think that street gangs are "the" real threat: How about people in positions of trust who lie? Who can lie when people have died in their care. These are the people really taking down America right now. The people with their hands in the cookie jar who want to have a position of power and access to the benefits of that position--but none of the responsibility.

Also not addressed was the issue that employees attempted to bring the mismanagement problems to the surface. There were attempts to address the problem with under staffing the nursing center. But employees who chose to speak up were demeaned or fired or they quit due to pressure to conform. 

I maintain that several of the board of directors and administrators were part of a cover up which lead to unsafe conditions for residents of the SNF. I have many different kinds of evidence to prove this: documents-witnesses-audio-video--but I guess that's just not good enough for the AG is who is the leader of bringing justice to all-- and, me, I'm just one of the pack. (sarcasm)

 http://www2.mbc.ca.gov/LicenseLookupSystem/PhysicianSurgeon/document.aspx?path=\DIDOCS\20110815\DMRAAADE2\&did=AAADE110815170725193.DID&licenseType=A&licenseNumber=49827

State Medical "Bored" 

Something interesting happened last year as the leaders of keeping California residents safe from harm as they get medical care, the State Medical Board, also had a chance to weigh in on the problems Dr. Pormir had in the skilled nursing facility.

Once again, Pormir signed off and will take the penalty set forth by our Medical Board: Two years probation- a "how not to kill your patients" 40 hour catch me up class and finally he can never have a "solo" medical practice again. (read document above for specific information)

How this penalty fits in with the conspiracy charge remains to be seen, but the doctor has had some help along the way since he was charged with elder abuse on Feb. 17, 2009.

Pormir's team...

His first round of help along with Pamela Ott, came from three KVHD board members, and they voted to allow both defendants $25,000 each to help defend themselves. Hughes and a former defendant were refused assistance with their criminal matters via the board of directors.

Pormir must have gotten excited as after a year, he was in the company of some big time attorneys.

Donald Etra, a visitor to the George W. Bush Whitehouse sleep over, and former pal of Ralph Nader, took over the case in 2010.

Etra's sidekick was none other than Monica Lewinsky's (Former President Bill Clinton's paramour)  William H. Ginsburg.

The two famous attorneys were in our town for a sweep of information at one point, talking to Pormir's old chums, but they avoided me. Why? Too much truth? They did however leave with documents and other goodies which they cajoled from people who were impressed by their position.

So, Pormir was defended by Ginsburg in his dealings with the state Medical Board.

I suppose for the good doctor that was money well spent, as the Medical Board document allows Pormir to continue his medical career with some slight reservations such as not being able to have his own practice and a "refresher" class. There is also a section of that deal that indicates his admission of something or another cannot be used in a civil case. I don't know how true it is and will ask once I get some answers.

But unlike Ginsburg, Etra left, and Pormir was given a public defender. The current attorney on his case is Fred Gagliardini, "I defendem" and he has brought home a plea deal we are anxiously awaiting hearing about.

Or did he? (Gagliardini has been sent a request for information on the deal)

Did Etra make a deal for Pormir prior to his departure? 

The last time I was in court, Etra, Ott's former attorney Jim Faulkner, Hughes' former attorney Bruce Blythe, all piled into a car together after court. Etra was even fetching the former CEO who was not his client, for court. (See youtube video as I was sitting in my car with my camera in front of the legal Beagles white Mercedes Benz, license plate number...)

It was a legal gang bang and after it was over, all the defendants were given public defenders.

Oh, I was given something too: a legal way to keep me out of the courtroom.

I would like to mention the cute little move on the part of all parties including the DOJ lead attorney, Steve Muni.

Due to my issue with telling the truth I always got permission before I went into a courtroom with my camera.

On this day, I did not film as the morning session was moved to the afternoon. I got some lunch and headed back to court. As I sat on the bench outside the courtroom, two guards (not one) grabbed my camera and told me I had to get out or take the camera out.


I was told I had taken video illegally. Of course I knew I had not taken any video, so I made a bit of a fuss, even writing to the judge himself.

When I got into the courtroom I could feel the collusion all around me. The attorneys, including Captain Etra, all had self satisfied grins on their faces. Then the judge called my name. "Moi?"

I stood up and listened intently, though I could barely hear, as the judge explained to me that I had taken illegal video earlier that day. There was no opening for me to "defend" myself. I sat back down.

Moments later, the same happy grin was on the DOJ as I was asked to stand up again.

The judge and the DOJ made the statement that I would be a witness in the penalty phase of the case and therefore...I could NOT be in the courtroom. Aren't they clever?

No, not really clever...

There isn't much being said in the community or anywhere else for that matter about the wonderful job the DOJ has done in bringing justice and positive change to our community that was hit by these horrible events more than five years ago.

I'm sure if this was a big media event we would be hearing from the DOJ or Miss Harris, but this may just be something they would rather "get over with" and move on to something that will play better in the morning newspaper.

The facts are all up on this blog, no need to go far to find some truth.

We had board members, Bob Jamison, Bradley Armstrong, and Barbara Casas in overt Brown Act violations which are included in emails, and other documents, (later even on film--look up) working together to keep the problems at the hospital out of the media spotlight.

Well, that is if you don't include board member, Bob Jamison's defense of defendant Pam Ott on his radio program in 2007. Or even his attacks on me on his blog which were apparently okay with the ABC radio affiliate, it's business name posted under each nasty message.

Conspiracy, you bet!

Collusion is what it takes to get your irons out of a fire I'm personally trying to put out. There has been NOTHING but lies and deceit amongst people who are elected or hired to do their due diligence.

The reason I'm still doing this is because I care about the families who had to endure such inhumane treatment in the course of finding out what had happened to their loved ones in the skilled nursing facility. I'm here because I do believe in fair play and the truth, two things slipping away from those in power.

Finally, these players are still playing and thanks to Facebook, I got a chance to verify it for myself. In the photo below, board member, Bob Jamison, and former board member, JoAnne Jones, fawn over Ott on Facebook over this past new year.

Again, as I said before, we will likely not see legal justice as it appears to be "just us." But don't count me out, hell, I'm just warming up...


More on Pormir as information becomes available...

Also, there is a Kern Valley Healthcare District board of directors meeting tonight at 5:30 pm in the cafeteria at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment