Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Friday, June 26, 2009

Public response Assemblywoman Fuller/Bob Jamison QAB talk show

Well it's another Friday and the Bob Jamison was on the air. And while I'm on my respite, I thought I would tune in. And quite frankly, I'm glad I did, this was quite possibly the best show I had ever heard.

Now here's my response, since calls were not taken on the show, and Mrs. Fuller said she likes to hear public comment/response, I took some notes and whipped a little blog.

Jamison had Mrs. Fuller on by phone, she was quite wound up this morning ready to say a lot of things, and Mr. Jamison followed the lead like a little ducky.

They stayed steady on talk about propositions voters will have to contend with once again, regarding money for education, trying to sort out the good from the yuck.

When Jamison, or as I like to call him "jaws", went to commercial he teased proposition 1F regarding raises for the legistlature as the most controversial issue.

Of course, Jaws didn't believe they needed pay raises as Mrs. Fuller agreed, and that she had turned down her last pay raise as an assembly member. She said that she doesn't think that any pay raises would go out in a time with an unbalanced budget. She even said that when she was the Superintendent of schools she turned down pay raises in times of budget problems.

Here's the thing, Jaws, you and your board members at the hospital gave huge raises to the administration 19% to the former CEO, Rick Carter, 12% to CFO, Chet Beedle. How does this man get away with this hypocrisy?

Mrs. Fuller didn't call him on it. Polticians are afraid to speak up unless it has to do with something they personally are backing.

Then Jamsion went on about taxing the public, yet he is and was behind getting a general obligation bond to the people of this valley to do construction on the hospital. Burdening this valley with more property taxes.

And he was part of the conflict of interest between Rural Health Design Network and Aspen Street Architects which turned out to be rotten to the core, with faulty plans and incorrect estimations. Yet, Measure M, was the threesome board member, and the Pam Ott, plan.

(Just a note, when I have tried for over six months to get the contract with Rural Health Design and Aspen Street, I was told in an email I will share that they didn't know what I was talking about. I have tapes and even interviews and now they are amnesiacs. The booklets are in the conference room, Heidi, if you want to know more. Here's the email I recieved regarding the feigned confusion as to what I was asking for. Other information including this, I found when I was at the hospital. There are booklets with the name RHDN. If I can find it...

"Do you have the date of when that recording was done? It may help me with regards to where I should be looking.
--Heidi"

"Laura,
I mounted an exhaustive search with regards to the Rural Health Design Network. We had the Accounting girls run every variation of RHDN we could think of looking for a check that was issued to them and were unable to come up with anything. I also spent a great deal of time looking through previous Board meeting minutes and was unable to find an agreement with them. I will continue to look through the minutes. In the meantime, it you can think of any variation of RHDN I am certainly open to suggestions.
Hope you had a Merry Christmas,
Heidi" )

Anyway, more irony went on as Jamison pointed fingers at Sacramento for it's inability to administrate programs. Oh my god, my chin just dropped. Here is the thing, Mr. Jamison, you have been the oversite at this hospital and you're pointing at others? Give me a break. You watched the skilled nursing facility go down the toilet while you attacked the Knights and tried to sell your phony general obligation bond. The more you talk the more I listen.

My favorite part of the show came at the end when Jim Hunt, another guest squeezed in past Mr. Jamison's comments, said he thought, though it was extreme, that we should get rid of all the incumbents in Sacramento and start over.

I laughed so hard, yes, we should get rid of some incumbents, the one running that talk show would be a good start.

Now to Mrs. Fuller and her comments. Mrs. Fuller I have much respect for you trying to do the right things in a climate and system that is unable to support those who want to do the good things. I'm sure that's why you went to the assembly in the first place.

You said today that there were a lot of bad things in the system, the way the bills and propositions can be manhandled, that there are many hands in the cookie jar, and you talked about oversight.

Well, there are so many problems with the system itself. Much like our hospital, there were not systems in place to handle the changing healthcare standards, it would had to have been manual, meaning people would have to have had to really look and see the downfall coming, like the CEO and CNO and the board.

The government oversight was also not any help. Department of Health Services watched the SNF deteriorate, while being paid their daily sum. What a waste of taxpayer money.

I'm going to broaden my comments for you Mrs. Fuller, as I have a few opinions to share.

First, I love California, it's my state. The problems don't just eminate from this current crisis, it comes from the fact, that we don't realize that government can't do for us what needs to be done.
It's a morass, a web of decietful undercurrents, that needs to be changed before anything can be done.

I like to call it the "intelligence reform act." I suggest that we stop talking about our founding fathers and realize that we need new founding "Mothers and Fathers." There are plenty of people who could help and would do so for little or nothing. (What kind of idiot would put all their time in and not get paid. Oh, yeah, I know one)

Submitting intelligent ideas to a government who may not understand, but should be willing to concede to its own impotence, by creating a fast track of information to make changes.

Mrs. Fuller said she wants to create new jobs and infrastructure to support industry in our state. That's a really cool idea. How are we going to do it? Yes, we have earmarked federal dollars, but half will probably go to people who don't know what they're doing, and the rest will trickle down upon us. Or not.

Again, I laughed as Mr. Jamison agreed, and thought about the fact the hospital has cut out local staff and paid high prices to outsiders to get things done. The biggest employer in this valley, with a huge debt, legal problems, and looking to cut out more to survive? But Mr. Jamison continues to talk with little or no idea apparently that his work is being watched at the hospital and he is not passing the test.

We can all feel the meltdown of the former government we ran. It's not just the people who we elected, it's the system we created. It's big now with so many needs, I'm sure you can feel the tugs all over you Mrs. Fuller. (tug, tug)

And we are global now. It's not just about us, it's about all of us. Our economies are inexorably linked and we need to streamline our system to recognize this.

Let me offer my father, who would put your budget together in a week. Mrs. Fuller you and the Governor would be happy to know he has a knack for this kind of thing, he was corporate for 30 years. And my sister in corporate America found a forty million dollar mistake that was being paid for years at a large food company. Would she be of interest to you?

Now Mr. Jamison started the show by talking about home budgeting, which he insisted was mandatory and smart. Well, again, Bobby J, how have you applied this great knowledge at the hospital? By paying whatever anyone wants? Has the ambulance company come down on that contract? Or the Republican that you think you are, how can you even talk about a general obligation bond, or have a fit over dealing with Cal Mtg. on the debt?

You know Chrysler is in Chapter 11 right now, and that's where all these companies should have gone. There should have been no bailouts for them, but bailouts for health and education. That's where we are lacking in our priorities.

We have allowed education to come down to a sprinkling of budget, and that's going to kill our economy in the end. We could end up as a third world nation.

People are our resources and we should take it seriously.

And this hospital needs to be reorganized immediately before we are descended upon by the state. (We will be talking about this soon in detail.)

Finally, Mrs. Fuller, you noted that unlike other countries we vote people in and out regularly which makes us unlike other nations. Well, maybe if people were around long enough they would then have to be responsible for the success or failure of their plans and actions. However, that may not be true as we have had Brad Armstrong on the KVHD board for twenty years and he has yet to quite get a clue and certainly doesn't want to take any responsibility. (why did Armstrong run again, I'll tell you soon)

There needs to be change. Throwing money out the window is ridiculous. I'm sickened by the federal bailouts and the states being last in line for help.

The government isn't just broke it's broken. And until something or someone can help us voters see that, it will be a fun roller coaster ride.

My advice is if you really want something done, do it yourself. Complaining is a vice. Action is a virtue.

Michael Moore is out there with a new spin on the feds and scapegoating. Read his article in Time. http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1894410_1893837_1894189,00.html

Thanks for the show Bobby J, it was illuminating on how out of touch you are with your own little government project.

And hey, if you disagree with anything I say, Jaws, just call me up and I'll come to the station and we can have a show "down." How bout it pardner' you up for that? Are you chicken?

Remember when I wanted to work at the station and you found all kinds of ways to try to keep me from working there? I guess your intentions are in these emails I have saved. Will have to look thru them together sometime. Or we could just simply discuss hospital business on the radio. Whatever you want to do.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment