Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here's Tim, the new CEO: hello and welcome


Well it's going to be Tim McGlew's first week starting this Monday to take over the top management position of CEO at KVHD. Gosh what to do first?

I have a little checklist here which might be of use to you.

1. rid hospital of criminals and criminal activity (a must do before anything changes)

2..Go immediately to HR and find out why the state (more on this) believes there needs to be an investigation. HR has been a hotbed of mismanagement, coercion, collusion, and now its finally known. Ground zero, Mr. McGlew.

3. Oh, this is one of my points, could you make sure that staff know the rules when talking to the public. For instance, don't let anyone tell the public they can't view the SNF survey because it's not updated yet. (Bad, very bad; and it's supposed to be kept updated anyway). Oh, and make sure that the DON knows the staffing paper must be filled out before 11 am. And don't lie to a reporter who is playing dumb (its easy for me though), that it doesn't have to be filled out. Finally, if someone calls the hospital and asks for the ombudsman number, tell the person not to ask the name, first and last, and then ask if they are an employee. Looks really bad. Jeez.
(Two years ago I couldn't get near that SNF report as employees were sent to dissuade me which we all know is impossible. But things are better now, they lie or just don't know. A little improvement don't you think Mr. Jamison? Are you checking this every 90 days Bobby J?)
4. Yes, investigations are an appropriate way to spell out the problems. We need an audit (a real one) broken down and with a company who isn't a neighbor of CFO Chet Beedle. This is ASAP.

5. Please don't overlook the Cal Mtg. situation. Please, we are being rooked and have known for months we would be clearing that bond reserve, and you need to get the history of how this district was duped into a horribly bad deal which the state will not help with. But I will.

6. Make sure the community is covered in the ER. We had EMCARE with us for six years, and patients were always recieving bills over and above their insurance. However, when Chet and Pam Ott had Dr. Pormir start his medical group, not much changed in the billing. (Of course the hospital did the billing for them, I'm sure that's why nothing changed.) Now we have to find out if there are people intentionally heading down the mountain to avoid charges. Clean it up and let's bring them back.

7. If somehow you can accomplish this and pay the bills, hey, we can make money; we're the only hospital in town. We just don't have direction. We had a mammography machine that was purchased and never used. I don't know what boob did that. (Sorry couldn't resist the pun)

But there are ways to make money, and we need to cut out the costs, such as overpriced and underused, personnel. We need 24/7 ultra sound, because I can't take any more CT scan sales, because that's the only equipment you have. And I don't want anymore radiation either. There should have been a purchase to have radiology reports sent to other facilities, but we shorted ourselves again when we could have made money.

I have many more ideas, as the last three years of my life, have been spent around this facility. Really, I didn't know I was going to have to learn so much. But I keep researching and I know now many things. I wonder if I could get a degree from Kennedy Western University, like Pam Ott?

This blog contains only partial information. We're not done yet.

Good luck to our CEO and I'm hoping for the best. Take care Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment