Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Are they still going to go after the rest of them" one resident asked me....


I am beginning to see that the Kern River Valley is starting to wake up from the somnambulism it seemed to be experiencing in regard to the Kern Valley Healthcare District and its den of iniquities.
Yawn, stretch.
I was asked about the investigation as we have three defendants charged with elder abuse, the newest being the former CEO/Administrator, Pamela Ott, scheduled for court November third and fourth.
Told this inquiring mind that it is my understanding that the investigation is still on-going, which could mean anything really. It could mean that the Department of Justice is sitting back hoping for the fish to jump out of the water right onto their line.
Or it could mean that they are still snooping around, having long hours of round table discussion about how the government could bring justice to the people harmed by the Kern Valley Healthcare District. (Yeah right)
But I was encouraged that the community is seeing what it has needed to see, and is getting true information, rather than two years of the media "dark ages" we have experienced here.
Cronyism
I wanted to clarify something for someone in the media (mediaocrity) who received a blog post of mine in an email from a community member who thought they were helping. This person, trying to leave a news tip, then received a hostile response which was forwarded to me.
"If you are one of Laura Hart's cronies please cease and desist or may need to consult my lawyer"
Anyway, to clarify cronyism to this person it's very simple and basic. It's what we saw at the Kern Valley Healthcare District. Favoritism without regard to qualifications or even ethics or potential damage from this type of practice.
The hospital was and is still plagued by this disease. Thus in the long run it created a highly dangerous situation.
MY ER REPORT
As usual I like to give my personal reports of the hospital, as due to my health, I tend to be there not only with a camera and tape recorder, but more often than I would like, as a patient.
Went to the ER the other day to have somebody see what the could do with my funny looking face, err, actually they couldn't do anything with that, but did try to help me with a few other problems.
While I'm there, my ears perk, and I try to take in all the information I can get from my eavesdropping practice as well as observation.
First things first, what the hell is going on with the staffing? Excuse my language.
Again, I heard the frustration of those who were trying to staff the skilled nursing facility, and there wasn't much of a crew in the ER either.
One very busy nurse seemed to be doing everything. She was multi tasking like nobody I have ever seen. I was amazed she could even remember all the requests from us chirping birds, perched on all the branches.
Impressive was the fact that she could talk to me, the complainer, and actually answer my questions, while moving across the room, with handfuls of medications for the others.
But again I ask, how can you run a hospital short staffed and still maintain safety, service, and quality? I guess I can answer that: you can't.
It's noticeably the individuals who pull through, like the multi purpose RN. These are some amazing people who do the job of several people, while still, personally trying to make it right even though they don't have the help they need.
Thank you to all those who have dedicated themselves to caring for patients even without the back up you need.
I apologize to those who work so hard at the hospital to maintain personal standards of care, while fighting the inability of the system to maintain itself, and having to watch while big dollars fly out the door, misspent, misdirected, and unmonitored.
But we will get a handle on this soon. I don't want to see anymore quality nurses and staff walking away because of stress and because they don't want to work for a hospital which they clearly see "short changing" the community.
And it still remains to be seen
What will investigators from the state be doing as myself and others still have much evidence to share? I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment