Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Friday, October 30, 2009

"Oh, we're goin' to the courthouse and we're gonna get prosecuted: Okay Jerry, Donny and Steve, you're up: but you forgot a couple

It's court time again folks, Superior Court, Kern County, elder abuse charges, what can the potential Governor do?

I've always liked Jerry Brown, but then I'm old enough to remember all of his terms in office, as well, as some of his campaign promises from the past. I also remember the idea of flat taxing which absolutely drove the inmates at the Capitol crazy, but, hey, I was all for it.

And I'm all for this too: Justice.

Can you do it Jerry Brown? You said you would. You sent people to our little village to investigate, even though I was here (not much I've been able to do).

But can you bring justice and finally, maybe, a conclusion to our drama?

You are a good writer, Mr. Brown, why I was just reading some of your stuff. It's promising that you understand how a "corporation" can use it's staff to commit crimes. In fact, this "whistleblower" story your office is working on is quite interesting.

So when two whistleblowers filed suit under seal in April 2008, attorneys from my office immediately investigated - examining hundreds of thousands of pages of documents, interviewing witnesses and subpoenaing records.

Do you think, Department of Justice, that you now have enough evidence to prosecute this case from the top, where it started? Did you read hundreds of thousands of pages of KVHD documents? I know you didn't because they were shredded. But you may have got a look at some of them, eh?

Is justice here in the KRV worth the same amount of time and effort as does a big, notorious, corporation? (I guess we're about to find out)

You see below the 2007 meeting post, and you read Miss Ott's words and you know as well as I do that she's lying through her teeth. You watch as the board let's her do it. (except for two board members who tried to get to the truth, but had no backing from this community, or the grand jury, or anyone in the media, except me-dia)

I can tell you if you put her in front of a jury and you let people talk, finally after feeling they've been on a stranglehold for three years, you will get the truth. You will know how this whole horrible drama came down from the top, the board, the CNO, and finally harming the patients.

You have the power, I have only more time than you. You also know that I will be there at court, both days, next Tuesday, Nov.3 and Wed. Nov. 4, for the prepre and preliminary (if indeed there is not a plead out).


I'll be the one wearing "Red, White, Black and blue."

I've been thinking that Pam Ott, former Kern Valley Healthcare District, CEO, the leader of the pack of trouble which hit this community hospital back in 2006 and 2007, thought she got away.

Her attorney in September, Jim Faulkner, criminal lawyer at large, told a reporter from the Bakersfield Californian that Ott's case, was well, basically, nothing. She's innocent and we're all idiots or persecutors, not prosecutors.

Fortunately, the Californian reporter didn't seem to be as dumb as her attorney was playing him, and neither are we. Especially those of us who lived through this nightmare.

We know what happened Pam. It was Christmas of 2006:

Yes, here's a photo op we took Christmas of 2006, Pam invited me over to the skilled nursing facility with my camera and my dog to sing to the residents.

I'm all for singing, though, Ott should be singing another tune right now, in my not so humble opinion.

If you look closely at the picture you can see the discomfort on the faces of the people being asked to fake as if there is nothing going on. Why they let this idiot reporter right into ground zero and I didn't see a thing. Except I did.

After the fake caroling, and the addition to our group of songbirds, of former KVHD CNO, Sharon Brucker, who, according to paperwork shown below, was in charge of the skilled nursing facility during the time it used physical and chemical restraints, but happened to duck out, during the holidays, as the chestnuts began roasting on the open fire.

The employees watched me with some regard as I walked the halls of the skilled nursing facility with Miss Ott.

A resident and her husband, began to get loud, and they were yelling. Ott stopped by and began talking to the man. (The wife is still in the SNF, her husband died recently. The woman is having problems, I visited her, she's got anxiety I'm sure from her husband's death, but then there was the thing about moving her out of her room she had with him. Oh, well. They know better than I do about these matters.)

Ott began talking really loud, like they couldn't hear her, but that wasn't the problem. She was trying to cover up the fact that they were saying something she didn't want me to hear. "help."

I've been in a lot of nursing homes, and have seen a lot of things happen in them. I had two grandparents in homes at some point, and would visit them regularly, or when I had the chance. So, I was not shocked or surprised by the behaviors seen in nursing homes.

But the whole thing seemed strange as Ott tried to quiet the couple as if I would suspect something. I say she was starting to get paranoid, which lead her to blaming almost everyone for the problems.

Let's just say it: she didn't know what she was doing. The system failure Ott speaks of occurred before Ott arrived. She was the system failure. The failure of the board of directors and former CEO to actually research Ott's background.

Now, how is she going to explain in court the resume. The college called Kennedy/Western University, an online, diploma mill, which hands out certificates to those who "pay."

But she couldn't do it alone. Where are the others Mr. Brown? It's Friday, why haven't we seen at least two more brought up on charges. I know, I know for a fact, you can prove it. I hope it's not the money. I hope we are currently running off priniciples and the idea that justice can be served even if it's not on a platter.

Let your witnesses speak. Go to court and you will hear the truth. No plea bargains.

Why is my case not listed?

I was just checking the Kern County Superior Court website to see if there were any new arrivals posted there.

I entered a couple names into the search engine and they didn't show up.

http://www.co.kern.ca.us/courts/crimcal/crim_index_case_detail.asp

Now, I know that there's a way to do this and a way not to do this. If I were Ott's attorney, I would be thinking, "good" they didn't bring in anyone else. Therefore, I can prove my case, by saying, "why just poor Pammy?"

You can't do that, blame it all on her. She had a CNO in charge of the nursing center, it's her fault.

(If I was her attorney, I would do that.)

So, bring them in, Jerry. Bring in all the trouble and let them twist while the rest of us testify to what we know.

I'll have more for us all to consider on Monday, the day before we find out if the state does have the ability to bring justice to an open wound which continues to fester while there are still those present at the hospital and on the board of directors who are responsible for the disaster.

You have the power. And I have a blog. (Gosh, that hurts.)

Paperwork and quotes coming up next: It was the CNO in charge, according to Ott's correspendence with the Department of Health Services, who by the way, has its own responsibility in this matter. Apparently, they are regular "visitors" to the hospital now, after the fact. But where were they? And where were the witnesses?

It's not over until it's...probably still not over...

No comments:

Post a Comment