Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Don't blame me, I didn't even know about the ABC story: everyone who has read this blog knows I wouldn't have endorsed that crap

Well, thanks Diane Sawyer and ABC news for making my night:

Yes, it was Kern Valley Healthcare District board meeting night, and the phone was ringing off the hook at home as I was trying to get ready to leave for the meeting.

And you want to know who these callers were? They were people who thought I knew or orchestrated the weak, at best, attempt at a story done by ABC "WORLD" news tonight, they have more credibility than the lone blogger.

I'm sorry that anyone would even question it, but no, as I described in a post below, oddly enough, I had to call the television stations to find out what happened, as none of my team made it to the ballpark, and I was hoping for the scoop on what happened in court.

Not strange now, but none of the other stations were in court, and 23 had some interest in "my" interest in the case. But never told me about the Diane Sawyer version that was to come.

If I had known I certainly would have questioned what they were doing. I assumed a local take on the court date, not a retrospective.

Instead, my stepfather, in a different state and time zone caught the news and said our local story had gone national. He didn't elaborate on the story except that he caught a glimpse of the "Jerry's story" soundbite from the attorney general's office where this investigation emenated, and a picture of the hospital in "Lake Isabella." (How it got to Isabella nobody knows, but we do have a penchant for mobile things, homes, mammography, around here.)

So, to clarify, I had nothing to do with this story, and do not condone "using" people to fill a minute of time in a news show. We are not fluff.

If it had been done with some new information, and maybe a touch of class, or even a graphic or two, it may have had the potential to be helpful. Instead the misinformation in the story outweighed any significant assistance the news organization could have actually been to our situation, which I might add continues on.

It's not over, but the only story they ever run is what happened three years ago, within a six month period. And words were used like "intentionally overdosing" patients. Hmm, there seems to be a discrepancy somewhere as there was not an issue of overdosing per say, as there was an issue of the type of drugs used.

But who am I to quibble with such accuracy.

And Pam Ott, the CEO, with the funny credentials, doesn't even get a dishonorable mention. As if she never mistreated families of victims or fired employees who attempted to stop the situation. (That's not interesting at all is it?)

They lost their chance to be effective and helpful.

And they didn't show up for the  meeting. Yes, that's correct the ABC news affiliate in Bakersfield, Channel 23, where the story from last night's ABC elder abuse scare (they could've called it, "slipping mickey's to Grandma" if they wanted to) orginated, did not attend our current meeting.

Umm, what happened? Are we a one night stand? I thought you cared about us, our community. But it seems not. You tell stories we believe you, or at least people outside the situation who know absolutely nothing, believe you.

Anyway, please don't think I did this, it's embarrassing. And I'm sorry I had no time to address this before it happened.

We have more issues to deal with like the board member, who is unfit for his elected position, Bob Jamison, and his saga with using a radio outlet with no competitors to broadcast propaganda about serious health and safety issues at the hospital he was elected to represent in an honest fashion. (That's not interesting either?)

And major issues with our hospital, it's longevity, it's staying power...more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment