Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Monday, January 4, 2010

KVHD Elder Abuse case scheduled Jan. 5: we will get you the report

If it's rotten at the top...



Former Kern Valley Healthcare District, CEO, Pam Ott, is scheduled in court today, Jan. 5, along with the Director of nursing she hired, Gwen Hughes, and a doctor who had been with the district ten years before Ott even arrived, Dr. Hoshang Pormir.





For more information on the times and charges, go to the Kern County Superior court link, and you can look up the criminal as well as certain civil cases that are underway or have concluded.

Pam Ott, who seems to be the last defendant charged by the state, Medi-cal fraud and elder abuse, as well as spending time under the scrutiny of the board of registered nursing.

Ott was hired on in 2003 as the CEO of the KVHD hospital. Her resume showed two obviously, had someone actually looked at it, degrees from a school not even accredited in the state.

But that major flaw that the board of director's and former CEO, David Green, from BRIM management company, brought in around 2000, after the  board negated a contract with William Casey who was thrust upon the district by our creditor, Cal Mtg.

After Green streaked out of here leaving Ott in charge of the henhouse, things slowly but surely began to change.

The Ott regime has been dilineated on this blog, but again, the day before we head back to court I can't help wondering why there wasn't more that was taken off the top?

The people in charge at the time were all mandated reporters, meaning they would have had to turn themselves in for ignoring serious problems caused by staffing cuts which lead to unsafe conditions.

We had Ott at the top of administration, the CEO, and the one who signed the reports for the skilled nursing facility: the very same one she claims she knew nothing about what they were really doing in there. (Hey, she signed these forms as administrator, not as "I guess that's what they're doing.")

Her second in command, former Chief Nursing Officer, Sharon Brucker, was so close to the situation, knew and heard all the complaints, and finally succumbed to the paranoia brought on by Ott's fear that someone, anyone, a sick reporter, may find out.

Brucker was involved in a coupe against the hospital's own employees. Like CFO, Chet Beedle, and Human Resources leader, Michelle Rosato, all "top guns," who broke the privacy laws by trying to impugn the reputations of certain employees who didn't agree with them. (later it would be the firing squad as times got more desperate.)


Ott, Brucker, Beedle, Rosato: CEO, CNO, HR, knew nothing about what was happening in the skilled nursing facility? The top administrators?

But what about the board of directors whom this community votes into place, the one's who are to keep the people, voters, patients, rights overseen, were cramped up into a ball of three out of five. (the sticky three, a quorum in a five person board)

Bob Jamison defended Ott even after her resignation. He used the radio station, his employer, and formerly paid for advertisements by KVHD, to defend Ott.

Former board member, Barbara Casas was apparently unaware that Ott was calling her "crazy" and other names behind her back, (I have emails) as she was used basically for the third vote.

And Brad Armstrong, what can you say about somebody who has the opportunity to save lives and careers but does nothing but attack the victims? His message hasn't changed: the employees are and were the problem. (I disagree. He allowed the problem to continue and created a hostile environment where the truth that the CEO, CNO, CFO, and HR were involved was not to be spoken without recourse)

How to get fired or get a reputation: by KVHD employees

I remember the nurse who wrote this very well. She came to me after she was fired, because there was nobody out there who came to help.

We were alone in our investigation. Yes, it was reported to many agencies, whom I will call soon, because as I said, this is the year of "accountability."

Public health didn't just recieve one phone call, no matter what they try to sell you, they just didn't know how bad it really was and they had a very persuasive CEO, in Ott, to deal with.

The Kern County Grand Jury didn't think much of our situation here either.

Oh, and the media, well, they weren't going to cut their own purse strings, and some were bold enough to lie and dupe anyone who would listen.

This nurse knew that Ott was aware of the situation. Why? Because she was one of many who complained. She was fired.


I'm a nurse practitioner and I can help you

In November of 2006, one month after I had a sudden weight loss which never resolved, I had to tell my "friend" at the time, Pam Ott, that I had a nightmare experience in the emergency room.

I went in seeking "food" but intravenously, because I was wasting away. Instead I got loaded full of drugs which "blacked me out." (we will address the irony of this situation in another blog, Rural Health Clinic, Jewel of the District)

Unfortunately, they sent me home intoxicated and driving by myself. I don't rememeber how I got home. I was alarmed.

So, I told Ott what had happened, and now began a whole new round of trying to help me, checking on what I'm eating, making referrals with doctors inside the hospital so I don't get too excited and tell someone about what happened.


In this email to me from Ott, she tells me that she wants to help me get better, and that she was a "very good nurse practitioner" at one time.

Ott, according to state records, has a registered nursing license she recieved from Fresno city college in 1971, but she was not a nurse practitioner.

So, what does that make her telling me she was a nurse practitioner? A liar, yes, but also someone who would say and do anything to cover thier own butt. Who would openly lie about credentials as Ott did?


And the state almost left her behind in this investigation. Jerry, Steve, Donny, she is the one you want to prosecute, the one to put in front of a jury.

But I am dissappointed that you didn't take the top layer. You have done so in many cases coming through on your public relations pipeline: why not us? This is a form of the corporate fraud you like to tangle with. Or get money from or something like that.

As you  can see I continued the effort to unveil Ott, but I also stay on here at the hospital waiting to unveil the rest your "big time attorney general's office" chooses to ignore.

No, no, it's okay, I'll finish your work for you. If you're too afraid to get mixed up with obvious wrongdoing, I guess we will fend for ourselves.

I'm taking one of them, Bob Jamison, to small claims next month, and then I guess you will just have to wait and see what I do next.

See you in court...

No comments:

Post a Comment