Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kern County Grand Jury: KVHD CEO says investigation took place...from my complaint? Or it was a review?

"I admit we do mostly blood and guts..." John from the Kern County Grand Jury's office answered when I asked him how many white collar crime cases they have investigated in this county when I contacted the agency this past June.

I don't think it's any secret that I have stated that I have evidence of wrongdoing on the part of several persons at the Kern Valley Healthcare District. I have also stated on this blog that this blog does NOT contain all of the evidential materials I have collected over the last four years.

So, when I was apprised that there was a supposed grand jury investigation by a board member at the end of July, actually I was accused of turning this person into law enforcement, I didn't really quite believe it or it would have been right here on this blog.

At least one more reference was made by another board member that I was attacking this person. I explained to this other board member that I was not doing this as there must be some misinformation going on or it was someone else.

However, over this holiday weekend, I was again contacted by the first board member, and was again told that I made a complaint against him and the hospital with the grand jury of this grand county. He told me that the grand jury believed he had "the district in mind." ???

I read this correspondence with new eyes, as I realized there was something oddly defensive and defiant in the tone. My feeling is if you have nothing to hide; you have nothing to worry about. Now the question for me became why is he saying this? This lead me to contact the hospital immediately to find out if this was true or not.

(Saying the GJ believes you, as he said, isn't exactly a badge of honor, as the Grand Jury let it all slip away in 2007 as they also believed former KVHD CEO, Pam Ott, CFO, Chet Beedle, board members Bob Jamison, Brad Armstrong, Barbara Casas, (the sticky three quorum) rather than the evidence and witnesses surrounding the nursing center elder abuse case associated with other misdeeds. I will request that 2007 report as it should be able to be accessed by the public.)

Though I had explained to this person what I'm going to tell you and all of Kern County is that I was told over the phone in June I didn't have a case, before they saw any evidence. How that can be done?

I think it needs to be explained in detail by this county what really has occurred in both of these cases. I will get the report from 2007 and we will see what other information is currently available.

This wasn't the first visit from the GJ

The Kern County Grand Jury was called out by me and others based on witness statements in 2007 regarding Pamela Ott, the former CEO, who is going to court to answer to 8 counts of elder abuse charges on October 15 at the Kern County Superior Court, brought about by the State Attorney General's office, NOT the GJ.

What sort of job did the Grand Ol' Jury do at that point? Do you now feel safe knowing that they were here, had dozens of witnesses, but walked away and sided with the perpetrators and not the victims?

Really though what sort of job have any of these oversight agencies done to protect you and your family's safety at the Kern Valley Healthcare District? This must be addressed as we pay these agencies with our tax dollars to do a job, same with the hospital, which is a public healthcare district.

I have a statement, somewhat confusing, read it carefully, confirming with KVHD CEO, Tim McGlew, that there may have been a Grand Jury investigation that began in July, 2010. But it also says it was a "review."



CEO, Tim McGlew, pictured here
asking a question from KVHD
board counsel, Scott Nave, at
the Arpil 2010 general meeting
of the board of directors...




Laura,

In answer to your question, we received a number of calls from the Grand Jury sometime towards the end of July, beginning of August. The calls were in regards to a complaint they indicated they had received. We responded to their questions. About the first week of August, both Chet and I were asked to come separately to meet with the Grand Jury in Bakersfield. The group had more questions they wanted to ask. We were told that we were not allowed to discuss the meeting with anyone. It was explained that their review was a part of their responsibility to understand the workings of county organizations. The Grand Jury has finished their work, and will be releasing a report soon. They are appreciative of the District’s efforts. I suggest that you wait until the report is released to get your questions answered as to content.


From my understanding you knew this activity was going on.
It was the reason you personally came to apologize to me for what was coming down the road. This was a similar action that you apparently made with a number of other people as well. I’m not sure why you are surprised. I’ve told you repeatedly that I would be willing to sit down with you to discuss your issues and concerns, but you have failed to take me up on my invitations, but you continue to demand explanations. I wish there was a more productive way to get the truth out to the people of the Kern River Valley.

Tim


(Oh, it's a county review? No, it's an investigation I knew about? Which is it? Bizarre. Either way I have wanted to address what happened with the GJ anyway, so good timing.)

Who is fooling who?

Hello to John from the Kern County Grand Jury's office: If part of Mr. McGlew's official statement is true, the part where I shouldn't be surprised about a review or investigation, how did you have an investigation based on my alleged complaint when I was told by you I didn't have a case five days after you provided me information on building a case and gave me the names of different agencies to contact?

And most certainly how did you have an investigation with my name on it when you don't even have my evidence? I would think that would be a little tough since I never gave you anything did I?

Show me my evidence John? Did I miss your phone calls? Was there a letter sent to me or an investigator as you did in 2007?

In fact, the investigators business card strangely enough fell out of some papers I was perusing last week: how convenient.

And I took copious notes during our phone conversations which are sitting next to me for the follow up stories which will be coming as I want to make sure that we are now talking truth as it's the only tool I have.

The hospital administration can and has before blamed and denied to protect themselves. But as I told the CFO last week, just because you deny it doesn't make it untrue. (It was the case I reported to Tim about Chet's turnaround regarding the hospital's financial status. Beedle denied saying it on film and I transcribed it and reported it to Tim. In fact, you will see Tim's reason for not "investigating" coming up.)

There is so much material to share that I can only say I feel like being very generous now.

Then maybe the grand jury will have something to think about or even know what questions to ask, as McGlew said they were questioned in Bakersfield. About what? Is it a review or not?

I'm going to carefully take this story one item at a time, and back it up for you the public to see and evaluate for yourselves.

The public relies on the justice system, but I'm here to tell you, we may be fooling ourselves thinking there's a fair game going on. The GJ obviously didn't want to hear from me, obtain my evidence, or even notify me they were planning an investigation based on "something" we don't know about thus far. Yet, according to the CEO, they plan on putting MY NAME on this complaint and within a report?

I don't' think so. If they want to investigate MY ACTUAL COMPLAINT which they didn't in June, then they will have to see my evidence, watch my videos, take a statement from me under oath, and I would be happy to do it for them. But they made it clear they weren't interested so I went elsewhere.

I did the same thing with McGlew as I can PROVE I reported many things to him which were never addressed. I'm still waiting to hear all about the "construction committee" which was run by Bob Jamison. I shared my concerns but "failed" to find someone who cared about the situations.

(Now to be clear, this initial report is ONLY based on the CEO, Tim McGlew's statement, and my contact with two board members, as I didn't get a response yesterday until after hours. I will get in touch with the county for a response to the hospital's statement.)

Coming up: McGlew's accusations about me

rebuttal to his statements with evidence

The story of two phone calls to "John" at the Kern Co. Grand Jury office

Why can't we count on law enforcement? The stories behind the scenes

It costs money to do an investigation: what will they spend on you?

Also, to those who contacted me about the mass mail I sent out last week regarding grants and loans for rural and critical care hospitals not taken advantage of by KVHD, the issue will be addressed as soon as I finish this "breaking" story.

And a response from KVHD CEO, Chet Beedle, who says the hospital has a surplus of funds...and they are NOT hanging by a string financially. So, what is this bond really about?

9 comments:

  1. the grand jury are regular folks they don't have legal skills they volunteer for the job. this guy may not have know what he was talking about. they better find out how it happens when it obvious story telling at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must be completely naive if you believe these people care about anything but their own wallets being full of tax money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what to think. I know that the GJ was called by you in late June or July. I know you sent stuff to Sacramento. Maybe Tim knows someone who called someone who called the GJ triggering the investigating review.(hahahaha) I don't know. But maybe there's a pay off happening. These people are volunteers,right? So most of our board members are of higher financial means than the rest of us. It's not rare for pay offs to occur; especially in a more rural county.
    Oh and Tim; Next time you write Laura, you might want to quit while your ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has any body asked the GJ why it's OK for doctors and administrators to approve each other for 30% or higher raises while the staff is limited to 1 to 1 1/2% raises?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority,and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd on the clean end."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now....that is funny! KVHD Observer, you are funny! I agree with FEATHER MY NEST, there is much violation of brown act happening on that board right now...see the latest article in which Chair Alwin appoints Doc Gross to chair the Construction Committee? That was supposed to be spontaneous? Give me a break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. County Grand Juries are political in nature, as they are appointees who give of themsleves to study an issue. Hopefully, the favoritism, nepotism, cronyism, and any other ism won't interfer in a legitimate process. Much will depend on the Board's legal counsel and political clout to open or close the door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ya, what about the surplus? still wanting to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What surplus? You have to be kidding? The "thieves" have been taking what they want for a long time. Ask Bob Knight how he bought a $200.000.00 home in Squirrel Valley when he came to the valley not even owning a vehicle in 1997...oh yes, there is a great deal more behind that!

    ReplyDelete