Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gee, I didn't notice, did you KVHD?

When I was a kid I use to get in trouble a lot, (as you can imagine), and my parents would ask me all kinds of seemingly superflous questions, such as "what were you thinking?" I would pretend I didn't hear them; thinking I would turn invisible long enough to avoid my reprimand.

This reminds me a lot of what is going on in our healthcare district (not ours, it was mortaged, but I'll get to that issue soon); either it's sunshine and rainbows or it's the KVHD phalanx approach: "If we say nothing this will all just go away."

But desperation as is being smelled all around the old guard: Mr. Brad Armstrong, Mr. Bob Jamison, CFO Chet Beedle, CEO Rick Carter, have no limits on what they will do to stay in power, it seems. Bullying, berating, not only the public but others on the board; unannounced board meetings are just a part of the list of wonderful contributions they are currently making. (There's more here I will be illuminating soon)

I got a call today that there was a special board meeting. Did you know? I suppose posting a special meeting that is urgent, would indeed be a 24 hour posting time in a locked, glass cabinet in the lobby of the hospital where a few people will pass by. They could possibly stop to read it and look at their watch. And I guess you could get away with not telling the public or media if it was urgent business.

But a special meeting, a closed meeting, indicates some urgency of matters that the board must convene together because there is no time until the regular board meeting to attend to this business.

However, after the meeting ended, our CEO who is now a member of the 19% mile high salary increase club, Rick Carter, peeked his head out from the locked mobile board room, and just saw me standing there.

He asked me if there were any other members of the public present that I knew of. I said, "nobody knows you just posted it yesterday."

Concerned for the public as he is known to be, Mr. Carter, searched the hospital for potential people to give his public comment to.

"I only want to have to make this statement once, I don't want to have to repeat myself," he said.

Upon his return to the outside of the hospital where I was still waiting, patiently, he looked around in possibly feigned confusion as to why he couldn't find any other members of the public or media.

"Okay, you're it," he said.

He then pulled out the agenda and began to read it to me as his interpretation of a statement. I had already read it and it was now in my pocket.

But Carter added a small additional comment not actually on the agenda. (Which is surprising because Mr. Carter is known for not speaking to public comments "not on the agenda.")

He said they discussed the existing litigation and "the board was given some direction on personnel issues."

I told him there must be some urgency to the meeting. The CEO said, "no, no emergency."

I asked if there were any votes or action taken on anthing. "No votes were taken." and "no decisions were made," were his final comments.

I reiterated, "So, no action was taken, so it was pure discussion."

"Nobody voted on anything," and he was gone.

Upon some reflection, I failed to ask who attended the meeting, so I went back into the hospital, where I saw the phalanx; the trio; Carter, Bob Jamison, and Brad Armstrong having some discussion.

Mr. Jamison gave his companions some type of bird whistle indicating I was approaching, and they sped off.

But Mr. Carter did say that all board members were present and accounted for at the meeting.

This is so ridiculous it's funny really.

1 comment:

  1. This may be a long shot... but would CalMortgage consider converting KVHD into a mental asylum?

    ReplyDelete