Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Monday, May 18, 2009

Thank you to KVHD ER

Well, as a regular customer of the healthcare district, I found myself in a situation over the weekend where I experienced a very painful situation. I could hardly speak when I called my friends at 911 and told them to come get me now!
As I writhed in pain, my house filled with those familiar faces from the fire department and ambulance service. I should just have them sitting out in front of my house I think.
One of the hostile people told me they would transport me only to Bakersfield. That sentiment was overidden by the paramedic who could see I would not quite make it to Bakersfield without some trouble.
And I agree. I realized at that moment, there was no way I could get down the canyon by ambulance or Landrover, mule train or whatever, I was in too much pain to be jostled.
So, I went to our hospital I so fondly speak of on the blog. Pretty scary.
But I came to a conclusion, we absolutely, positively, need this hospital to function and grow with the community. And whatever measures need to be taken to make this happen, I will be there.
I want to thank the people who helped me that night and who showed compassion as I cried like a baby. A friend who had a similar condition said she screamed and passed out. Me, I cried and cried, and cussed a bit too.
The doctor was attentive or scared I don't which, but he and staff showed me they could be impartial even with me. And I am relieved that they were there and available that night.
Unlike a visit in 2007 when the heat was on and nobody was to speak to me, I came in to the ER with a severe head injury. If you think I'm hard headed, you are right. I bent the metal rail of a bath tub with my face.
I was covered in blood so they didn't know who it was at first. Then when they washed down my face, the two nurses stepped back and said, "it's the reporter."
Needless to say I ended up with no care and fixed my own wounds at home. I had to put a piece of my nose which fell out back in place and staunch the bleeding from between my eyes.
So, I have my own personal stories which have yet to be told.

But, when I feel something is done well, I am anxious to praise. And I thank you KVHD staff and doctor for your care.

You are critical to this community; we need each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment