Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I won't leave until they do: and I've got a surprise too

"Isn't that right Barbara" Chief Financial Officer Chet Beedle, during June's finance committee meeting, seeks support from Controller Barbara Figueroa as he was asked to explain the discrepancy between his report three weeks prior at the June board meeting.


Controller Barbara Figueroa, rarely heard during meetings, backed her boss as he was questioned regarding contracts and spending.


Beedle talked about the nursing registry costs announced at the last board meeting. An 80K payment, said to be a standard fee to registry companies, was questioned as the hospital works with many different companies.
.


Former CEO Rick Carter was one of many, who received benefits such as an apartment, plane tickets, lunch and parking for personal business.

The CEO was also given a 19% raise before his departure earlier this year.

Last year, the CFO, Beedle, and three board members agreed that this expense which was on going, as well as paid housing, was reasonable considering the state of the hospital.

This is board meeting eve blog and I have a few things I want to make clear and then a surprise for a few people.

My goal is the perpetuity of this small public healthcare system, and with strong and circumspect leadership in the administration, finance, and the board of directors, there should no longer be minimum care and service.

Do you want Minimum care and minimum wages?

As the biggest employer and only healthcare for miles down a canyon road, the KVHD hospital must do better than just the minimum with staffing and services.

How many of us want the minimum amount of time we can speak with a doctor or nurse?

How many want to work for an employer which favors themselves over the whole organization minimizing the employee's worth?

How many of us want the minimum amount of time a doctor can spend dealing with our unique health issues?

Would any of us decide to want that for ourselves or our families. That is exactly what has been happening.

Who has to take responsibility and step aside or continue to suffer me.

Brad Armstrong: Mood, currently angry and bitter about lesser position on board as a new configuration was voted in last year.

Bob Jamison: Known to dislike almost everyone including all board members except Brad Armstrong.

Chet Beedle, has deliberately kept the public from knowing details of certain dealings. He has broken laws regarding employee information, which is a drop in the bucket.

Scott Nave, legal counsel, manipulated by the majority power, could not control the behaviors and even recent events have proven this to continue to be the case.

I'm going to work more closely with the hospital: Ombudsman

I'll be spending more time at the hospital watching and listening, reporting.

It all happened a few weeks ago when I visited the SNF for a short time and found three violations rather quickly.

I spoke to Sacramento and just chatted about what I had found. The woman knew about our hospital anyway. But after talking to me, she told me I would make a good ombudsman. She said she wanted to find my name on the list. Absolutely.

Wish I had done it two years ago, but hey, we can all work together now. Group hug.

But because I am a little different, I will be called onyourbuttsman, instead of ombudsman.

When the hospital is clear of violations, unethical behavior, and these people, then I'll move on too.

So, that was your surprise. Happy Birthday Jamison, Armstrong, and Beedle, I just wanted to let you know because I'm excited to get this new endeavour started.

I will, however, not take up the governments offer, as it would be in conflict a to reporting and writing about the problems and how they are being solved. So, just call me the "onyourbuttsman."

Board meeting tonight: Wed. July 1, at 5:30 pm in the cafeteria at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment