Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Town Hall quotes: The KVHD candidates

Dysfunctional board? Now is the time to correct that problem


With two seats available, voters must decide which two candidates may be able to handle the current financial situation and possibly have the courage to fight the good fight with creditor Cal Mtg.


Here are some quotes from the candidates at the "Town Hall Meeting" held at the Senior center in Lake Isabella on Oct. 18, 2010Saul McGarity
"I believe it is the board's responsibility to make sure this hospital survives-to look for alternative solutions to make sure it survives. This board has given raises this past year and I hear we are short staffed-that's diminishing healthcare to the constituents of this valley-there's no reason we should be short staffed. If we can afford raises then we can afford to put more staff-that's where it (the money) should be going."





Kathryn Knight

"The healthcare district will survive if the board unites together to make it work and I think negotiations are our only answer at this point if the bond does not pass. I know for a fact that the negotiating process is lucrative, it is viable, it is doable, it is workable-I know that for a fact."







David Derr

"Of course the hospital will survive, but it won't survive in its present state. And its present state is distressed. Okay? Once again I would like to see the hospital thrive. I would like to be able to see them go to work each day without having to the fear of that debt looming over everyone who works there. Okay, everyone. I'd like to see that gone. I'd like to see this bond pass. The hospital will survive, but it won't be what it is now."





Tom Bostick"I do agree the hospital won't close if the measure doesn't pass. But on the other hand things will start closing-I don't think that the revenue we have coming in is enough to sustain all the areas that we have right now. I think people will lose their jobs-its just that I think the revenue is just not there to keep the hospital open the way it is now and I think we have to look at that as well when we're voting on it."




John Blythe

"In 2006 when the board put Measure M on the ballot, there was a lot of talk the hospital would close-sure enough Measure M didn't pass and the hospital didn't close. So, I think the hospital can survive even if this bond does not pass, but I think the first step is to, again I think the first solution that needs to be done is trying to negotiate with Cal Mtg. to reduce that debt. I think that is the first thing we should try to do as our alternative plan and move forward from there."

4 comments:

  1. Laura, I think it is amazing you keep repeating the "smoke and mirrors" that Bob Knight and his wife Kay have spoken for almost 10 years now, and from your writing here, it looks like you still believe all their agenda. I guess you didn't stay long enough at the forum to hear the question asked Kay..."What are the boundarys of the District?" Well, after much hemming and hawing, she had to admit she not only did not know but she also did not know the approximate amount of people served by the District. This woman has a lot of people fooled by repeating her husbands verbage now for over 12 years, and I am surprised you who are so intelligent still believe she actually has some intelligence regarding the governance of the KVHD! I would have thought somewhere along the way you would have made that discovery! Oh well, fool me once, your fault...fool me twice, my fault.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing my a__ __ off about the Board members not getting the $22.7 million dollars to play with...does this mean that Docky Gross will have to really work at his own clinic and make it a success or does it just mean that David Derr will only have the Board position because his advertisment was put on Sienna Wellness front door, "Vote for David Derr" that is what Docky Gross said, that way he keeps three votes of majority because David Derr is in his pocket of course....! Gosh, can't these people see how transparent they are in their plans to rape, pillage and destroy the District just like Bob Knight who sits in the wings, manipulating the strings attached to his "numb numb wife"---who is clueless but loves to "tap dance" while on conference with other Trustees around California!
    These people should all be impeached, along with Obummer and Reid from Nevada! Please people of this valley stop electing people who are only there for the money! Now the joke is on you! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You misspelled verbiage. You should've asked Ms. Victoria Alwin to check your comments before you posted. Intelligence is both verbal and written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and so misspelled verbiage....your point is.....? What on earth makes you think I know or care about Ms Victoria Alwin correcting my spelling? You must be one of her students? All I know is that she thinks she knows all, she knows nothing about Hospital Finance and proved it again at the Nov 3rd Board Meeting, she and Doctor Gross both were a "scream!"

    ReplyDelete