Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Tale of Two Thank you cards: and two truths

The Three Minute Rule:

The Kern Valley Healthcare District Board of Directors for more than a year, never restricted my comments during the public outburst, I mean, public comment period, I had heard nothing of a three minute rule...






Until the three board members, a former CEO, and many of the "gang" become fiercely incensed when what they believed was a "foe" was elected to the board of directors: then I was let loose.
In a completely impromptu chastising, I was given almost 20 minutes before the board, as then Chairman, Brad Armstrong, allowed me to express my disgust, bring in facts that happened to be planted in my mind by enough people that I believed them, to Robert and his newly elected wife, Kay Knight.
Nobody timed me, nobody complained. I was literally doing the dirty work of those who have spread such rumors as have concretized the thinking of many in this community.
In response to this most horrible display I regret terribly, I received a card of appreciation from former board member, Barbara Casas, shown above.
She delivered a plant and the card to Marsha Smith, publisher of the kern valley sun, who gave me a pat on the back and handed me my tokens of appreciation.
As we know, I recognized I was running the ball the wrong way down the field, and bounced off the goal post and starting charging the other way.
When all the information I had been so nicely provided by Pam Ott, Bob Jamison, Brad Armstrong, Barbara Casas, Chet Beedle, and others turned out to be one sided, and I was their public relations machine, I had to do something.
What a confusing story to tell as there has been so much misinformation surrounding the Kern Valley Healthcare District. The truth was dragged through the mud along with people who never deserved it.
And now there are those complaining that I surpassed the "three minute" rule at the July meeting, so the community should be up in arms. Threats should be allowed to broadcast on the internet.
Give me a break. The difference is that these people who have had power wanted yes men and women to tell them everything is wonderful.
The mouth of the board, and radio broadcaster, with QAB media, Bob Jamison, blathered hateful things to so many people, myself included, and now wonders why he is taking heat. (If you can dish it out, you better be able to take it. Real simple. And most escpecially when he calls himself, in an email I will read at the next meeting, "huevos maximos.")
When I recieved the thank you card below, I knew that there was a divided version of the truth. My job has been and is to bring as much of the truth as possible to this situation. With so much deception its not been easy though.
We have another chance here to make things better, but I will be following up with more truth, some I'm just appalled at right now. Let's make sure none of this happens again. As a community, you are responsible too. When the smoke clears, and we all stop coughing, it will be easier to see what needs to be done to make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment