Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Never go alone to the Kern Valley Healthcare District hospital

The Shield of Stupidity

I realize after four years that things have hardly changed at the Kern Valley Healthscare District; you should never go alone or let someone you care about go alone.

I'm sorry, I couldn't do this job alone, and that's where I am regarding this hospital.

After the story I wrote about my neighbor the 92 year old veteran, I realized that night I should not have let him go alone to the hospital. I felt bad about it too. I just happened to be feeling lousy that night.

I'll never let it happen again though. Since I've learned from the great wisdom of the hospital that my "chronic alcoholic" neighbor, who fought on two fronts during WWII, didn't deserve the treatment somebody more "correct" than he was, having consumed too much alcohol that night.

He partied and paid for it. It's hard to teach these 90 year old's what to do and not to do. And they lie about it too.

I'm so sick of this district and it's prejudice that I have even began lawyer shopping. I'll get us all a lawyer for the whole valley.

If the attorney general, Jerry Brown, had come here and visited, insisting that we clean up our act, there may have been change. But instead he sits atop the state only coming out for overly cosmetically enhanced, drug addicts who stupidly kill themselves. (He's had a good year, Anna Nicole, Michael Jackson, and finally a child star with a chronic problem)

Though I must say the only interest or courage I've seen has come from Fuller in the Assembly, and a slight gander from McCarthy once in a while, but nothing in the way of leadership.

I wrote a letter to the CEO

After investigating some interesting allegations which have pushed toward the surface recently about our current CEO, who is playing a political game to be seen tomorrow at our special meeting, I've learned that its not worth it.

I can't take anyone of these people down without the backing of a legal agency. And none have stepped forward to be of help to a rural, backward, stupid community.

I'm calling the community stupid, yep

I would say that I'm up front about things, and I can say that this community deserves what it gets with this hospital. In the letter to Tim McGlew, I told him he has nothing to worry about from me, nobody believes what I say, and nobody has come forward to help.

He has nothing to worry about because he is surrounded by a "shield of stupidity." Nothing is more fearsome than dealing with stupid, illogical, arguments: just look at the Kern Valley Sun website.

I've never seen more trash talk on that site than AOL after hours. These people haven't a clue what is being done to them.

The board of directors is unable to distinguish a law from a "la la la dee dah" and recently assigned the CEO to investigate something he himself did.

He's cool, there's no threat of intelligence taking over. In fact, the fading rational thoughts from this valley are starting to worry me.

I swear that two people said these things to me: the first one said that she wanted to know how Pam Ott got her bogus credentials and get some for herself.

She actually learned that from this story. Oh for crying out loud. I said there are diploma mills, why not, go make more money with phony credentials. I guess that is what I'm teaching here.

The second, and almost as inane comment, was about getting these medications used in the nursing center to use at home on his father who has a degenerative disease. No, that's not my point either.

It's useless to think that things will change at the hospital, short of a miracle. Compassion is not something that happens, it's in someone's heart. And the ER and the Rural Health Clinic have serious problems with prejudice.

The ER has a medical director who must believe patients are stupid and weak, how else would he make a diagnosis of "chronic alcoholism" on a 90 year old vet? Or how would he tell a worried mother and grandmother their baby will die if they don't take the medicine he prescribed. The question was only what medicine? Which is fair, as the hospital has the Joint Commission brochures up regarding asking questions.

Can't do that in the ER and for your own sake never name the pain medication you take or cannot take, because you will only get the one you say you cannot take.

And don't have the ER director call your family as he will yell and hang up on them while calling you a drug seeker. (My cousin still talks about him and that phone call)

Don't bother telling the CEO about the problem with him either, as I've already done it and nothing happened. Dr. ER is too important: he is more important than yours or my feelings or our health and safety.

Hey if you're stupid enough to ask him what he's giving your infant for breathing problems then you deserve to be told your baby is going to die.

I'm being sarcastic, but I'm now just trying to get along in the system.

The doctor in the rural health clinic, Dr. Nadler, is quite the opposite as Dr. Sacapano of the ER.

Nadler thinks he is open minded, even writes letters to the newspaper supporting certain groups, but then in practice he doesn't care for the one's like me.

He told me six years ago it would be easier to just radiate my thyroid than try to deal with my mood problems associated with Grave's disease. He forgot to tell me about the small percentage of people who don't react well. That's my category, Dr. Nadler.

I've had one good year in six since the thyroid came out. I've been berated by his staff who have their own thyroid problems but never had problems like me. Thanks, you've been helpful.

He's just an average doctor and he and the hospital should know his limitations. Having your picture in the newspaper associated with Hospice doesn't make you a desirable doctor, especially, if like me, you want to live.

Then there's the manager of the clinic, Greg Davis, who gave me a cursory glimpse in 2007 after I mangled my face on the side of a bathtub. He told me they owed me "plastic surgery," after the ER did nothing to tend to my wounds.

I asked about my plastic surgery, so far, I see the same face in the mirror. I know they weren't lying to me, they just haven't had time with all the drug seekers and non paying patients overloading them. Soon, I'm sure they will get to me.

Don't go alone and always complain on paper

My final words for tonight until we get to see the brilliance of tomorrow's political volley ball game (I will tell you it's going to be good and you should check in for a surprise on this meeting) or special second to none, board meeting.

Stay safe especially at a hospital such as the one being run by people who have no conscience, only giant paychecks and an impending pension for the CFO.

There is no oversight, still short staffed, the billing is bogus, some doctors are prejudice against certain groups, gays for some, and drug seekers for the other. The mentally ill are treated with shame, even though most people working at the hospital could be considered mentally ill. But definitely the one's running it.

If it were up to me (let me dream for a minute): There would no longer be any CEO and CFO, they would be one, with one salary and they would live in this valley.
Chet Beedle would pay back every dime he owes for housing for ten years. We could take that out of his retirement.
A GOB is taken out to pay back the employees who were screwed over and never got their jobs back; money would go to all the families regardless of people in the nursing center during those six months; and any prejudice would be the object of investigation and termination.

Hypocrisy, well, that would be asking too much to have their tongues cut out, but hey, that's what I'm thinking...

Hopefully, I'll see you tomorrow with more stuff...good stuff...wait and see

No comments:

Post a Comment