Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Saturday, August 7, 2010

(Look again, from Jan. 2010) Letter to my editor or editors over at KVHD, this is what verbatim means...in case you didn't know

Read the minutes from the board meetings...

I never thought to go over and check on the minutes from the board meetings, as I expect, as I have requested that my remarks be put on the record verbatim.

Now verbatim doesn't mean only what somebody at the hospital thinks is important, it actually means it should be transcribed word for word.

I didn't think I had to check this too, but apparently I do. I'm being edited.

And I don't know exactly who is doing it.

Much like any editing job, it would depend on the editor as to what they feel is important.

But tell me what you think about this editing job. In the finance "commit me" meeting a few months ago when the pharmacy was scheduled for destruction, I asked why it was that Rite aide could make it.

Now, I mentioned Rite Aide knowing what the answer would be: they are a franchise treated to low wholesale prices or something like that.

But my real point was the comparison between the Drug Store in Kernville and the Mt. Mesa Clinical Pharmacy.

None of the second half appears in the notes.

And there's major lag time in requests for information and other odds and ends


I remember when Pam Ott threw three or four heavy notebooks with those heavy, metal clips at my head one afternoon when I was requesting records.

At least I got the records.

Get my point KVHD?

(I have not recieved most records I have requested, and that includes the Department of Public Health, Cal Mtg., along with our hospital. While the laws require certain freedom of information, these organizations have not abided these laws or rights of the public disclosure. At the August 2010, board meeting, I realized that the hospital CFO was communicating with their partner in credit and insurer of the long term debt, Cal Mtg., and trying to make things look like they had some sort of plan. I had asked the adminstrative secretary about the minutes, she told me they are edited. I asked by who, and she wouldn't give a name, but "generally." At the board meeting the admission was made that they do edit, and as those who have read the Kern Valley Sun Newspaper, know that information can be made to look anyway they want it to look these days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment