Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Monday, August 23, 2010

To the Kern County Superior Court: regarding media release and video

To the Kern County Superior Court:
I wanted to apologize if there was a misunderstanding, as I had filled out the media release last Friday, and heard that there shouldn't be any problems.
When I went into the courtroom this morning, I told the bailiff I had a release to film. As it was I got maybe 30 seconds of film. When I returned later, I was told that I had filmed without permission. Naturally, I would not do that, I was under the impression as when I filmed two months ago, that there were no problems with the release.
But I did not take this film anywhere, and in fact, will not use this film at all, it will be deleted. It was said that KGET had put it on TV, but they were not in court, and I gave them nothing.
During the break, I went to my doctor, got something to eat and returned. That was it.
I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding, but I would NOT do that purposely without permission. Please understand that some sort of miscommunication took place. Thank you, Laura Hart (I'll fax this over and put it on file)

1 comment:

  1. you could have remained in court if you were not testifying in the preliminary hearing. You said you are a witness but essentially not a witness in the current procedings. They had no right to ask you to leave. I recommend you go to the law library and look into it. Regarding the media release, often times it is the judge's discretion. In cases such as elder abuse or molestation, there is an inordinate amount of attnetion given to the subject before they have reached the trial stage. You didn't hear this from me, but you could send someone over to cover the case, just as long as it's not you. You will figure it out, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete