Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Thursday, August 12, 2010

She said, good you're an American...

I walked into the store tonight and a ten year old pointed and said to her mother, "is that Laura Hart?" Her mother said, "Sssshhh."

I made a mental note of how weird that felt and went about collecting up a few candy bars to fuel up so I can work late editing videos.

When I made my way to the counter the girl said, "Good you're an American."

My thoughts rushed to what does that mean to me anymore?

Clarifying as I do, I asked, "do you mean simply English speaking people or what did you mean by that remark?"

She gave me my change as it seems the conversation got too deep. I asked, "What does it mean to you to be an American?"

Her face suddenly looked disappointed, her brow came down over her eyes, she shook her head from side to side: "trouble, especially here in California. It's bad."

And yesterday at the election's office I met a woman who was told if she didn't have a candidate statement she wouldn't be able to get an endorsement for her candidacy by the "in group."

The statement costs $600, which isn't pocket money for many except high paid CEO's, and she said she had children in college and couldn't pay to take the risk.

She was turned away as that is the law, pay to play. (Laws are written, but rarely upheld...I got that information from a survey)

"I don't understand isn't this America? Why isn't it an even playing field where anyone, money or not, can run?"

We have ideals that it could be an even playing field. But could she run against Meg Whitman who has cleaned out all of the change under her couch cushions and put together a massive amount of money to win as Governor?

Where as Jerry Brown, looks away from the mess he helped create at our hospital, and relies on name recognition. He has been busting everyone from the City of Bell to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. But he just can't quite grasp what he has done to our rural community by not finishing his given job as the attorney general.

Just so you know, Mr. Brown's office is making money suing and following rather morbidly, pseudo celebrity deaths. He flew right down to make sure something was done to find out what happened to that lovely woman, Anna Nicole Smith.

I've invited him and others to our board meetings but they don't seem to care or they think they can just walk all over us...well you got the story you milked, but now you're going to have to buy the cow. Moo.

What are we anymore? Hypocrites and thieves putting bond measures on that actually trick the voters? Yes and not just the Kern Valley Healthcare district either it's part of the problem with the system.

Much like our case in this comparably tiny village, we can't even run our government hospital. What does that say about the rest of the government? Can we count on them? We're all in trouble and we can all feel it.

But we don't know who we are and what Americans who killed, maimed, enslaved, taxed, tortured to bring freedom to some people...Wait...but there's one thing I still believe in and that's hope for something better.

Whatever comes of this obviously well known battle against greed, fraud, and self serving institutions and individuals, I will bring home some hope that things CAN change if we persevere.

This is a "new world" and we need some cartographers to guide us through it. We may want to truly change the system and not just a regrettable Proposition 14 either. Phooey!

I think American's are as depressed as the economy and many don't know what to do or have the time and money to do it. That helps keep us entrenched. The internet however is a balance as we are now able to convey information that is quashed in the regular press, who are quite jealous by the way, and get it to people who can do something. (I should say who aren't afraid to)

We bailed out the banks and Wall Street and left ourselves high and dry. Now the government is asking the Federal reserve for help to keep the economy from crashing?

But if a mongrel like me who will be taking this all the way regarding the last four years of corruption, crime, lies, backstabbing and deceit, in my own backyard, our supposed center of health, the hospital, then any and every one of you can too...Don't forget it.

Now that's what I call being an American...undaunted and original...beaten up, but NEVER beaten down.

"You're sick of the game!" Well, now, that's a shame. You're young and
you're brave and you're bright."You've had a raw deal!" I know -- but don't
squeal, Buck up, do your damnedest, and fight. It's the plugging away that will
win you the day, So don't be a piker, old pard! Just draw on your grit; it's so
easy to quit: It's the keeping-your-chin-up that's hard.

It's easy to cry that you're beaten -- and die; It's easy to crawfish and crawl; But to fight and to fight when hope's out of sight --Why, that's the best game of them all!
Excerpt from "The Quitter" by Robert William Service

3 comments:

  1. i had to write this on your blog as you nailed it laura Hart, this country is in trouble and people have to see what happening. i'm a veteran of the vietnam war which changed me forever it changed lots of young men. we witness goverment corruption came home broken down soles. i agree that we can change our country as long as if folks can see what goes on. your doing that because you are an AMERICAN. go get um sweet heart we got your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Aug 11, 2010, at 9:25 PM, sngdebi@aol.com wrote:

    > What do I do if you don't print a letter that I feel was important. Last week I wrote two letters that could have been used independently or together. What did I do wrong?
    > They were about discrepancies in the cash flow reports, given in the minuets posted for the finance committee meeting. I found a 74,999 dollar shortage in the June 2010 cash flow report, page 4. The numbers can be found at the KVHD.org website. Also, I am writing at 9:30 at night. Is that why your little verify code thing doesn't work? Any chance I can get a call? 760-379-4951. Thank-you
    owever..... Thanks




    -----Original Message-----
    From: Cathy Perfect
    To: sngdebi@aol.com
    Sent: Thu, Aug 12, 2010 8:44 am
    Subject: Re: What did I do Wrong?

    Hi Debbi,

    It's my understanding that you brought this up at the Aug. 4 meeting. Chet Beedle or Tim McGlew said they would look into it. At this point, I think it's premature to assume something illegal, or at least, unseemly, occurred in January 2009. Is this something you just discovered? There can be many explanations and without hearing Beedle or McGlew's response, it would irresponsible to print accusations that, at this point, have not been refuted or confirmed. Let me know if Chet Beedle gets back to you.


    Cathy Perfect
    Managing Editor
    760-379-3667, ext. 14
    editor@kvsun.com
    Whats to refute or or look into? The numbers have already been published. And yes, the 74,999 dollar shortage I did not discover til after the meeting. And in the meeting I had said seventy dollars not seventy thousand. And I have never had them adequately answer any question or concern. All they want to do is make the reports complicated and mostly untrue.
    Please look at the report I'm talking about. It's posted on the KVHD.org website. Go to the board link and click on Finance committee packet. Go to page 4 and a little less than halfway down is the "cash flow " report. Please just check the numbers! Please. This is not something that should have to be looked into! We are talking about over three quarters of a million dollars a year here! Please; You, as our news source, should look into it. Maybe they could explain it to you. Then you could explain it to us. Thank you for responding.




    > Debbi Peugh

    =

    ReplyDelete
  3. not as hopeful as you sorry :(

    ReplyDelete