Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Letter to the editor, Bakersfield Californian

Dear Editor:
My name is Laura Hart and you may remember me as I dropped off boxes of information for your reporters two years ago about the problems with the KVHD hospital.
Editor, Christine Peterson told me it was too complex a story to undertake; that you were losing reporters in budget cuts; no time or personnel.
Now you think you can drag us through the mud in the Kern River Valley when you had ample opportunity and information about the situation here?
You knew. DHS knew. Certain public officials knew. Our local media outlets knew.
Now you use us for shock value, utilizing three reporters, to make yourselves look good.
I say keep your paper in Bakersfield and give me my box of information, tapes and video back. I want it all back; every bit of it. I'll be calling.
My message to you is that the indictments are bogus; Scapegoating. If you talked to me, who has worked this for four years, you would know.
And Jerry Brown, I say to you, where was the oversight? Where were the government agencies and politicians I contacted repeatedly for 2 plus years?
The Kern River Valley has been duped, and if you take a look at Cal Mortgage a mongrel, pseudo government agency under the auspices of OSHPD, you will find our problem; 15 million in debt because of bad lending practices.
I'm ill, and there are seniors up here who need the hospital. Back off or back it up.
Laura Hart 760-378-3637

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Wish I heard about this fight it is awesome!

    This must be teh blog that everyone is talking about.

    Take your punishment BKC you deserve it!

    Make sure you get her stuff back or maybe she will make a blog out of you!

    (Laura Hart here: I want to make a note that I did get my evidence back. The paper sent up a reporter last year and she did indeed give me my stuff. I feel bad for the Californian, really I do. Okay, not so much...)

    ReplyDelete