Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Friday, June 11, 2010

Did you vote? Republicans dominate the activities in the Kern River Valley

Vote or don't complain

No time to prattle, but I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who voted in the primaries and thank the Republicans who dominated the event. Imagine if we had no Republicans there wouldn't have been much of a turnout for discussion.

I enjoyed speaking with people Tuesday and I told them all about the GOB the hospital wants them to vote on in November. Then I spattered the main story with the side story of former Kern Valley Healthcare District CEO, Pam Ott, actually misused the monies voted in by the citizens of Reedley CA on their own GOB.

"That doesn't surprise me" one woman said. She also didn't give me her name but she seemed to know a lot about the district's deeds. That made me happy.

One sly Republican said, "they're not going to get that past us."

Media mongrels

I wrote an article for the Kern Valley Sun Newspaper in 2006 about the importance of voting and the importance of getting correct information before doing this. One college professor told me that the best place to get information is...the newspaper.

Now, I agreed with that at one time, but unfortunately since 2007, the Kern Valley Sun has not given you correct or even "all" of the information you as an intelligent voter deserve. It's almost an "in your face" corrupted activity. They think they have some sort of power and they do: over your information.

Hail to the small town of Greensburg Indiana

We all know I'm not exactly average, as I began my political campaign contributions when I had a paper route in Greensburg Indiana when I was 12. My crumbled dollar bills I collected on my route were ironed and put in envelopes for people like Ronald Reagan.

As a California kid removed to Indiana for a few years because of parental employment, I stuck out like a sore thumb. Let's see people talked about the fact I drove my parents car when I was 12 and that I stayed out much later than other kids my age. Oh, and the pranks.

Greensburg still remembers me and I took a visit there just before my illness grabbed hold. What I found in Greensburg were my peers in "political office." It was so cool. My generation has taken hold there and you know what? They are good people whom I respect.

They still remember me and we stay in touch these thirty years later.

And they would not let their hospital which removed my tonsils and appendix (safely I might add) do what KVHD is doing here to it's community.

They also have a small town paper and a radio station, oddly, but not anything like what we have seen.

I'll close by thanking the "REPUBLICANS" for the turn out on Tuesday and let a community member tell you himself about the problem with the local information.

Product Review from a local:

The Sun has never, I repeat, never as far back as I can remember, taken a stand in support of anything or anyone, as they are scared to death of being criticized, even if it means not doing something positive for the community.

Actually most small community newspapers would rather do whatever they have to to avoid a lawsuit, whether real or even just a remote possibility. In other words, community bully's will always get their views in print regardless of the harm it does to the community, and small newspapers will never stand up to them, or for their community. Some in the newspaper business call it reporting fairly. I prefer to think of it as a cowardly self indulgent waste of trees.

By Bob Jamison (KVHD board member, Pam Ott defender, and local radio jock)

No comments:

Post a Comment