Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Sunday, June 20, 2010

CEO, Doctor and Nurse headed for court June 22 and 23, 2010

California's "hidden" gold

Next week is the upcoming and much awaited preliminary hearings in the "elder abuse" case taking place in Kern County court, where the county will decide if there is enough evidence to send the three defendants to trial.

There are civil cases in the wings waiting to see if the state can actually prosecute the correct people and clean up after years of debt, short staffing, malfeasance, and failed services.

This blog was created to tell the story of the Kern Valley Healthcare District, a small, rural hospital, which has had a smoke screen up for years as the community, hospital employees, doctors, and board members, along with information control by the local media, has kept the dirt under the rug.

Someone asked me if there is ever going to be a reckoning and another asked if it will ever end?
I told these people that I would not abandon them as so many have suffered the unabashed lies and deceit.

I told them I don't believe in brick walls, I believe in sledgehammers.

There is no reason for anyone to believe that things are just going to remain the same. Sadly we see the California government falling apart, pointing fingers at each other, and becoming unable to govern properly anymore. They can't support healthcare, uphold their obligations as oversight, and have left education out in the cold too.

As I continue to put together the KVHD timeline, which keeps getting better and better, or I should say more clear, I feel common sense will win the day.

But there are others who are trying to keep things quiet and are willing to cover for others even when they know that there are untruths being expounded. These are people with power who are afraid to lose it, especially in this economy. (more on this)

The things I haven't told you and why

I have been told many things by people who you would think you could count on. In fact, there are emails and documents which highlight the "spin" being put on out there.

Then there are the things that they don't tell you which speak volumes.

In the coming weeks the blog will have been rearranged and additional stories will be up for the perusal of those in the system and those out of the loop who may not know what has happened behind the scenes.

I have questions out to Cal Mtg. now regarding the revenue bonds beginning in 1986. How this hospital got into a situation it may not survive. I've asked why not a low cost loan instead of revenue bonds? I've asked for an accounting of all monies paid to Cal Mtg. in premiums and services over the last 24 years.

They think we are stupid and incapable of rational thought

Actually, there was nothing rational about getting into a contract which allows that a state insurance agency, Cal Mtg., to come in and actually take over the hospital. And risk taking such as what took place, is not financially sound for small, rural hospitals. And apparently these management firms, one after the other show that the hospital never recovered from it's alliance with Cal Mtg.
Documents show the hospital was allowed to insure over 20 million in bonds with only 3 million in collateral like the hospital it's clinics and the contents, and the community's tax base. (I will be posting these documents)

The timeline shows that the problems started early in the project, and continue until today, as the hospital has to obtain lines of credit to pay the bonds and the insurer. They are in default and it is there fault.

But what some people know about the situation now is that they are being used as chattel to pay the debt with our property taxes. It's the GOB everyone is talking about.

If the community only knew

I've wavered about telling the whole truth, but it came to my attention this morning that I must give more details and names as the paranoia is spreading.

They are a club. They know each other.

If a reporter can't call a government funded agency and get a straight answer, then the reporter knows there's a bigger story underneath it all.

Reporters also try to keep their sources who are willing to tell the truth safe, but others who are not so willing must be revealed.

Who are these people in healthcare?

They are an entrenched army of people who prefer to tell a story and not the truth. And they don't think they are touchable when they do it. They can't take any criticism, which is odd, and yet criticism is something they dish out to the people who criticize them???

I call it a learning experience. You've taught me well KVHD, and all in all, I'm glad to be me when I look in the mirror because I've seen some of the most power driven, mediocre, unethical, behaviors which have become acceptable.

But everyone has a weakness, myself included as I'm ill, but mine is not a character weakness. And the people who are helping, some have been teenagers even, will know that standing up for truth, is a worthy cause.

Do the people who have committed crimes against the public, the fearful ones hiding with information, the one's who will do anything to keep their jobs including lie, realize that there are people watching you and expecting more? This is what you are teaching our children?

I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment