Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Waiting for the world to change...I'm using the express lane

"Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living."
Mother Jones


I guess this could be called a memorial for the fallen employees of KVHD. And most certainly for the people who trusted the hospital with their care and care for their loved ones.
Some employees just left before the gunshots were heard when former CEO, and main conspirator in the skilled nursing facility fiasco, Pam Ott resigned in May of 2007.
Ott knew she was cornered, the emails were flying, the Kern Valley Revitalization forum was rocking, and requested SNF manuals were flung out the CEO's door at me. (Whizzing just past my head I might add. Remember that Heidi?)
The newspaper was being pressured, as I was demanding information and answers from an arrogant "public healthcare district" not used to being put on the spot.

I told Ott, "I've got so many knives in my back, all you're hitting is metal," as she took shot after shot at me. The new mantra was that I was trying to take down the district. Just like the Knights.
Funny thing, people were biting on that crap like hungry trout.

Little did I know they were willing to sink to any level to protect themselves...
Well, she and the rest of her gang, took the biggest and best shot at me they could, right through the heart: the employees who knew me or about the SNF were fired, abused, mislead; and I cracked.
The day I took that missile they knew they had me. I dropped hard to the floor: the thud could be heard around the valley.
I cared about all the people who were helping in the initial investigation, who were taking care of their families, just trying to do their job, and these criminals didn't give a damn about anyone but themselves. It was the most dismal display of cover your own ass I have ever seen.
The shock of learning in the first place that people I thought I could trust were the very slime which was and is the rotten core of KVHD was tough enough. Then watching from the floor as they walked all over everyone, scapegoating as they went along, I knew I had to get back up, somehow.

There is a ninth inning, and I'm now up at bat. And I've got my Louisville Slugger with me. And I'm a great curveball hitter now too.
Before I came back in the game I made sure that everyone on my team never admitted to knowing me, liking me, or certainly talking to me.
(Actually, Chet Beedle, CFO, had the employees certain they were next on the hit list if they talked to me or about me. My wounds were not tended in the emergency room out of employee paranoia. I don't blame them, they were just trying to keep their jobs in a town where the hospital rates as number one employer.)
People in the community who have been my supporters were equally warned by me not to admit to knowing the likes of me. That way I get good information about what is really being said and going on. And I had to make sure I was covered and nobody got hurt, again.
Now, there's no more fooling around. Let me explain.
That's it!
When my parrot is out roaming she often finds some way to get into trouble. I correct her only so many times before the final words, "that's it."
She knows immediately I'm completely serious and her bad deeds will now come to an end: she gets a time out in her cage.
So, I'm telling you Beedle/Ott gang, I'm done correcting, "that's it."
If anyone thinks I'm not serious then you will be sideswiped. This last meeting was only a small taste of what I'm capable of and now you're going to have to just guess what's coming next.

And Pam Ott I'm not done with you either. I'll see you in court and hopefully at your own trial.
Our government oversight officials shouldn't count out some face time with me as I'm tired of writing and asking them to do what they are supposed to be doing. We will bring our cameras with us too. Pictures are just plain fun.

Don't forget this is a public healthcare district, and I plan on giving it back to the public, warts and all. (Former board member, JoAnn Jones, angry with me, said in an email: why don't you just use a match and burn it down. (The hospital.) JoAnn, did you not know about the advent of lighters? And I will use mine to light the fireworks only; ooh, pretty.)
First you clean the wound then you stitch it up otherwise you've got a puss problem. KVHD has a puss problem.
Does the new leadership have the back bone for this? There's some heavy lifting required.
People say, "Rome wasn't built in a day," and the grand canyon took years of natural erosion to create. I say, Rome was a "Pre-fab" and the grand canyon took a week with a Catepiller tractor.
I know there are so many of you out there "waiting for the world to change." I'm here to tell you I'm tired of waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment