Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

ANOTHER LOOK:The deputy asked me who might want to...

"Man is a rope, tied between beast and Superman--a rope over an abyss."
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

I was at the Emergency room in Bakersfield when the police came out to take my report. I didn't have time to talk to any sheriffs up here, so I waited until we arrived down the canyon, where I was seeking medical help.

The young deputy asked me for a description of the person, I had a good description of the gun, because that's what I was looking at. But I did see the cretin as well, of course.

Then he asked me, is there anyone you know of who wants to kill you?

Suddenly, my mind stopped completely; blank; then quickly a whole list began appearing in my mind.

I took note of the deputy looking at me thinking and taking time about answering.

He asked rather seriously, "is there?"

My answer was, "uhh."

Then I told him maybe, there's a political thing going on. I remained vague. I told him maybe it was just some idiot, so I could get back in to the ER.

How could I explain this? Or me for that matter.

But we have other things to discuss now. The time has come to do the unmasking at the KVHD healthcare district.

However, I would like to tell a story about the Bakersfield experience that I thought was funny or ironic. It has to do with fear, so I find it interesting.

As I was waiting in front of the ER for my ride, a young man came up to me and asked if the ER was always that busy, it was packed.

I said, yes, from what I heard.

He said, he wasn't from around here he was from San Bernadino and they had really good service there.

He told me he and his "homeys" were in a shoot out, and one of his guys was hurt "bad" so they took him to the hospital.

They pulled up in front of the hospital threw their friend out in front of the door, and he said, "man, suddenly everyone came out and started working on him, that was good service."

I nodded, yes, that sounded like excellent service.

Then I asked him what are you here for?

He said, "Oh, I'm think I have swine flu. I need to make sure and get checked out."

The kid looked healthy and not a scratch or a cough.

It's weird what people fear. Not a gun fight, but hysteria type issues like swine flu.

Next time I go to the hospital, I think I will have someone throw me out of the car and just see what happens. I just hope they toss me in front of the correct door; don't roll me in front of the administration door, they just walk all over you.

Okay, now my tone changes, there is big business to tackle now at KVHD. Since I didn't realize a few things, I have some research to do. But I think I have the beed on the next real problem. And exactly how to resolve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment