Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Who should have known better? The attorney


Scott Nave, Legal counsel for the Kern Valley Healthcare District board of directors, sits looking perplexed during last month's June board meeting.
Over the last few years, Nave, has been known to stay quiet during meetings watching consent agendas pass by like busses out of town.
I'll begin by saying it's quite stupid for me to tangle with an attorney, as much I would say a mountain lion, (I've already done the mountain lion things, so...) but I have known Mr. Nave for at least four years now, and I think he knew it would come to this.
Nave, is a likable, boyish looking attorney, (nothing scary on the outside anyway,) who has sat and watched as he knew the people he was working with lied.
And not only did they lie damaging the organizitaion in every way including its functionality, but they allowed the people they "serve" to suffer for their very irresponsible decisions.
I believe Scott you should have known better. I gave you evidence, I gave board members and doctors some evidence, yet you have continued to support, or more like make excuses for, those who would bully and act subversively simply so they don't have to look bad.
People are strange that way Scott they want to look good even when they are not. I, of course, just told somebody I'm not in the business of being agreed with or liked.
Attorneys take a lot of guff, so I'm not going to give you anything like that. This is about doing the right thing and bringing on new blood, new ideas, and a passion for getting things right.
Compassionate and competent care comes from people who aren't overworked, stressed out, and, or, afraid of losing their jobs if they don't come in and finding they have no reprisal. We need to focus on this and not put up murals and use PR companies who get paid for doing nothing.
You don't live here, but I actually have to use this hospital and rural health clinic, along with the pharmacy. And so do those who can't get down the mountain. So, I know a little beyond the numbers, I know about the people and their experiences. And that's what I care about.
There are many who could have stopped the fiasco that lead to the nursing facility disaster and subsequent spending sprees lowering the hospital again out of range of getting equipment and personnel vitally needed to step into at the least the 1970's.
But again you may have advised other things which could have fallen on deaf ears. I don't envy your position.
After your long, but thorough story on the chain of command at the March board meeting, I told you about the conflicting items I have found that didn't quite match your description. Well, I found more things that don't match, more discrepencies I won't talk about right now or maybe never.
This might sound banal, but people who are afraid to make mistakes and admit to them never learn or succeed.
You have made some mistakes. You are fortunately joined by the rest of us.
Does Lemieux need this hospital or could we maybe try a more neutral party who might be able to end the divisiveness which is leading to threats and bullying? This is not personal, I'm just thinking it might be a move toward healing.
Let me know what you think? I know it's impudent to ask you this, and publicly so, but it is sincere.
Take care, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment