Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Sunday, July 26, 2009

KVHD skilled nursing facility Update: Management company gone; hospital running nursing center for first time in 2 years

The hospital takes over the SNF:
Since it is the weekend, and getting quotes from the Kern Valley Healthcare District administration may not be possible, so I thought I would just go and take a look for myself.
Pictured here: myself
As the last of the management companies that were contracted by the
hospital to run the skilled nursing facility, left the premises on Friday, rather quickly, and from what I understand, unexpectedly.
But if you can build it, (at least partially) then you should be able to run it.
I looked around at the walls as remnants of the former management company still hung there and were maybe overlooked when they departed on July 24.
As I went into the building, the halls were quiet except for the rattle of pills and the murmur of conversation
among the residents.
It was in the evening after dinner when I arrived to find a cordial staff who were smiling and going about their business.
I asked for some confirmation, that the former management company run by Tracy Brown had indeed left.
The nurse I spoke with told me Brown was gone along with her staff, Nolan, Fidel, Beth, and the Director of Nursing, Jeanette Maker. She said that was all she knew about it.
I asked how the sudden transition went, and she said, "we're doing fine, the place is running just fine."
She said, "we have people in place," (as the records indicated), and "we're doing well."
I remarked, "so the SNF is back in the hands of the hospital." The nurse smiled and nodded, indicating approval, maybe even pride.
I was welcomed in the unit with a warm greeting, something that hasn't happened to me there in more than 2 years.
Before I left, I spoke to a few residents who were engaged in some interesting conversation. I interrupted them to introduce myself and say hello.
I was told sweetly, "I don't know who you are, but we were talking here."
Gosh, I love straightforward people...

No comments:

Post a Comment