Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I was in a mood when I got to the meeting, and I'm still in a mood, the mood for truth in advertising

Not an hour before tonights KVHD board meeting, the very first one for Mr. McGlew our new CEO. I certainly think this will have been memorable. Or scary; maybe both.

First off, there is going to be video and pictures this time around. But as that goes we need time to put it all up on our youtube site.

However, I have to tell you what I did and how it started...

Earlier today, I had someone picking up my prescriptions which I had called in last week. One of the prescriptions was vitally important as I was out.
Apparently, a week passes and the Mesa Clinical Pharmacy does not alert me of the problem with accessing my medication and tells my friend to try another pharmacy.

He returned to me without my prescription giving me the excuse of the pharmacy that they didn't have any of it. They found some after I called yelling before anyone answered the phone. I expressed to them the importance of the medication and had they thought to call me on Monday and alert me of this, I would not have run out and be in a situation.

I have no functioning thyroid. Yeah, nobody knows what a thyroid is and what exactly it can do to you. Trust me if there's a nuclear fallout you will all be coming to steal my medicine.

While I'm speaking of this, I must thank a wonderful endocrinologist, Dr. Catania, who finally got the dosage correct after almost five years of rural health tries. Just eight months ago I felt a sense of balance I haven't had in a very long time. I can't thank him enough.

Next up was the Rural Health Clinic, medical assistant, who before asking, checking, or anything, suddenly made a decision; "I don't think there's anything we can do for you."

Okay, you must first try and try again until you give up. That's life. What if the scientists researching cancer said, "oh it didn't work, I guess we can't cure cancer, let's stop trying."

I'm going to call it customer service, but I'm going to reduce it to just service. Service to others.

My guess is if we had a few less criminals, and more money, this could be a special healthcare district.

So, when I got to the meeting I had typed up a couple pages basically reiterating most of what is on this blog. But I said it to their faces. I'm tired of the backstabbing cowards; bloated on gossip and belching misinformation.

I can sit here and blog, but I felt it best to take the matter directly to those I am saying these things about.

The mood I was in frustrated with the lack of service and concern, which eminates from lack of support from the district leaders and turns compassionate people into stressed out people that couldn't solve a first grade math problem.

I noticed in the audience were faces who had stood in front of a former board and weilded slanderous, hateful remarks at Robert and Kay Knight for years until Mrs. Knight now chairwoman sounds more like a battered wife who just wants to make everyone happy so daddy doesn't punch anyone out.

I say to them, if you can dish it out, you had better be able to take it...at every board meeting to come until you are gone by way of indictment, end of term, sudden need to do the right thing.

So, I was not happy with the service today as I alerted my doctor or his interim assistant about my weight loss and the prescriptions. And I must say I heard a story about the rural health clinic which I will put up a blog to address that situation by itself.

Anyway, I wrote up a very caustic speech straight after my personal dealings with the district.

Then during the public comment period, I jumped up in front of the board, threw my arms open and showed my skeletal frame to all, and proclaimed myself a product of the Kern Valley healthcare district. I didn't even know I was going to be that dramatic, it comes from frustration.

Shortly after a few moments of a friendly demeanor, I turned to the three, Bob Jamison, Brad Armstrong, and Chet Beedle and began reading my speech.

Because I'm known for walking with a stick and wearing sunglasses, I dropped the stick and removed my glasses to make my point more clear, I wanted to look them in the eyes. It was tough they are prescription glasses and I do have oscillopsia, but eyes averted and Armstrong smirked to try and deflect the very serious accusations I was making.

It will all be on video. Here is the speech, without the additional comments. And pointing of finger and snarling a bit. That will be for the video.

July 1, 2009

To the Kern Valley Healthcare District:

Speech to be recorded verbatim, meaning every single word, into the record.

Mr. Jamison, Mr. Armstrong and Mr. Beedle,

I’m sure you are aware I have been writing a blog, Mr. Jamison you know about these things; everything in that blog was culled from audio interviews, video, hospital paperwork, and my own experience.

I could talk about everything I’ve said with the confidence of one who knows. But I am here tonight to tell you a few things that you should hear and maybe make a decision about.

The three of you cannot help the district because of your actions over the past three years. The only thing you are doing now is continuing to show your lack of character by staying at a place you have no ability to help, but to only hinder progress.

You’ve breached the trust of the community, the patients, the employees, and anyone who thought healthcare was a noble profession.

You didn’t protect the residents of the SNF, you protected the perpetrators most especially, Pam Ott.

All of you should be jailed for your lack of judgment and your lack of foresight which lead you to believe you could run this hospital.

Well, even after Ott skipped town, up to Sierra King where our friends or your friends from Rural health design network and Aspen street architects, took her in.

She’s a witness in a case against Dr. Pormir and Debbie Hayes and that is sick. However, I’m getting quite hopeful that situation will change soon. I’m hoping they are also looking at the three of you.

Mr. Jamison you have attacked the Knights, Jeanette Rogers, Dr. Gross, and an employee named Tom Wright on your radio show directly conflicting with your responsibilities here. You have embarrassed us all with your behavior, even threatening me physically, and referring to my weight which is attached to a medical problem and trust me, is not a choice. You threatened to sue; well back at you. And your wife who apparently, even though she has never met me, spoken to me, or even knows what I look like could use a lawsuit too.

Aside from that, you made sexual advances when I wanted to work at the radio station with you. It just goes on and on. Yet you still sit here. It’s amazing you can cover that much character defect.

Mr. Beedle you shock me with your inability to run a small hospital. You have thrown money around with the cooperation of Mr. Jamison and Armstrong, along with the former quorum board member, Barbara Casas. You care about numbers, I care about people and the community. You have short staffed or let’s say minimum staffed the hospital, ER and rural health clinic so that people cannot get proper care. And you brought in contractors who literally emptied the coffers of the hospital.

And Mr. Armstrong, you are one of the most arrogant people I have ever met. You knew about the problems. Ott knew about the problems. You did nothing. You sit here free, and Dr. Pormir and Debbi Hayes have no insurance to fight their case, when you and Ott and the rest could’ve done something. You need to be jailed. Seriously.

But now, you are out of the quorum, but haven’t made the wise decision to step down and just let others who don’t have the lingering odor of crime on them, move in and help the hospital.

Instead your hubris has lead you to start trouble. You’re a bully.

But the three of you have decided to attack Mrs. Knight at her place of work. I would sue you into the ground as I have advised both Mrs. Knight and Tom Wright. However, they are nicer people who just want the best for the hospital. But don’t push them too far, because they have had more than enough of your lip. I’ve had more than enough and will not tolerate your behavior any longer.

So, I have decided as long as you three are staying, so am I. But I will be taking classes this month for the ombudsman program. I’ll get to work closely inside the hospital and I’ll be looking to make sure you three are not huddling and planning to harm the facility again.

I will come to every meeting and say these same words: you are criminals who have scapegoated good people and employees. Why don’t you three go to Sierra King and work with your buddy, Pam Ott.

By the way, people of this community, you can be an ombudsman too. Or you can attend meetings and watch these people, Armstrong, Jamison and Beedle.

Thank you, Laura Hart “onyourbuttsman

those were strong words, and the heat coming from me was strong. At one point Joan Amos, with the hospital foundaiton, jumped up after her and others were trying to keep me from going over the three minute time limit the old board created for me when the SNF disaster occurred.

(Armstrong watched his timer while I scorched his bullying tactics. (You've got to see the video of him timing me. He just doesn't get it. He wants control. Somebody buy the man some soothing aromatherapy)

Amos jumped up with a sports watch, like she was cooking biscuits and had to get them hot out of the oven. I ignored her interruption as she used to be a nice woman but has since supported the leftover faction which doesn't like being scrutinized.

But it's now in the hospital board minutes as read, not written, there were some additional grunts and barking sounds which went with it. So, Bob Jamison, Brad Armstrong, and Chet Beedle all have records of their misdoings. They should be on the KVHD website soon, right Heidi?

I finished my diatribe and returned to my chair. Hey if they don't have by-laws, I see no reason to abide the three minute rule as there were no other speakers. It was the content, the truth that was opposed.

People are so afraid to speak right now too. They don't know the new CEO and CCO, and they have been beaten up after years of service by so many, and find themselves unsure where to step.

Bad things have happened and so many people are gone and have been brainwashed by the Beedle brigade. It will take time for people to trust again.

KVHD isn't the only hospital with problems; but this hospital had solutions.

I recently had surgery and had a terrifying experience really. One which I sometimes can't stop thinking about. But I have to get through these things, so I called the administration of this hospital.

The first thing that happened is the person I spoke with was very defensive. Then she told me I come off as aggressive, which I couldn't argue with, or I would have immediately proved her point. I explained my complaint to her and she began to tell me some interesting things.

She said there used to be a nursing shortage there, but now they are lined up and being turned away.

She didn't want her hospital full of people like the ones I described.

There's was no placating, this intelligent woman was problem solving. Instantly, I had respect for her. She wanted to know all of the problems. And she was smart enough to ask what and who deserved credit. I told her about a potentially valuable employee. A lowly CNA, who had more wits about her than any of the RN's or whatever lot came by to fight with me.

This kid exemplifies the power of healing without IV's, drugs, or any medical equipment, she had humor and acceptance.

It's the CNA's that make you feel safe and cared for. If this young woman could handle me, she has passed the test and will have a great career helping people.

I thought repeatedly about the people in our SNF, the CNA's and patients while I was under lock and key by some really career confused nurses at this hospital.

But the administrator and I kept talking and she began to tell me how she was trying to fix their hospital. She brought on a patient advocate and was aware of many of the people I spoke of. (Knowledge of her hospital, impressive) I shared that I already had a hospital that was a mess and I was doing what I could to get the refuse people to take away the garbage.

In an exasperated tone, she said, "good luck."

Never for a moment did I feel placated by her or that she lacked sincerity. Unlike what I have seen at KVHD the past few years. I've seen zombie like behavior from the community who chooses to continue to ignore the problems. Though I note it is the more intelligent people who can see the problems.

Few are motivated to deal with problems as I have told them they should.

"I'll just pay it."

"Oh, yeah, I'll get a complaint form."

I know many people who have left defeated by this district leadership and this valley, and I don't blame them. They complained but were never heard. Why stay?

As much I get tagged with being negative, I have hope. And I have tenacity to go with that hope.

This charming and highly efficient administrator laughed and then decided that she could somehow use my help educating her staff.

Conclusion

We helped each other in a matter of an hour by communicating the truth, admitting the mistakes, and finding a solution. That was fun. KVHD should be fun like that too...

"No tool is more beneficial than intelligence. No enemy is more harmful than ignorance."

The full story on the meeting coming soon along with pix and video.

And back to the holocaust comparison...I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment