Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kern Valley Healthcare district board candidate: TOM BOSTICK

Election 2010: Kern Valley Healthcare Board of Directors candidate Tom Bostick
Tom Bostick
Answers to questions
1. Where do you see the hospital in ten years? Twenty years?

In ten years, it is my hope that the hospital will be more financially stable, supporting itself, with higher quality facilities to include a larger ER and retrofitted buildings, meeting or exceeding the current standards.
In twenty years, I would like to see the hospital surpass the communities expectations of high quality healthcare in all departments to include, ER, Inpatient, Skilled nursing facility, surgery and specialties (cardiology, GI, etc). Our community continues to grow, and our hospital must grow with it. Our hospital needs to be profitable and sustainable for the benefit of the community.

2. The hospital is a "public healthcare district;" how would you define that to this community?

A “public healthcare district” is a political subdivision created by voters, governed by Boards of directors or managers, elected by the public, authorized to operate public healthcare facilities and provide medical care to needy people.

3. Please finish this sentence..."the job of a KVHD board member is...?

My job as a KVHD board member is to represent the community, ensure that the hospital meets the needs of the community. I also believe it would be a benefit to the hospital and community if administrators of KVHD were more aggressively evaluated by the board annually.

4. How much time can you devote to this endeavor if you are elected?

I can devote unlimited time to this endeavor, if I get elected. I currently work per diem at Kern Valley hospital as a telemetry and ER technician, and am fully prepared to step down in those positions in order to make positive changes and more of a difference at KVHD as a board member.

*Candidate statement:

I have been raised in the Kern valley since 1989. Right out of high school I became an EMT, getting hired at KVHD and later at Care ambulance. I have served our community since 1998 either at the hospital or in the private ambulance business. I believe my work history gives me a unique insight in the operation of the hospital and current problems at KVHD. My experience in customer service and healthcare has given me a strong foundation and prepared me for challenges I will face as a board member. I have heard the complaints of citizens of the community throughout the years about our hospital, and I am eager to be elected and get to work improving our hospital.

Tom Bostick can be reached at tdb_196@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I agree Bostick sounds sincere but my opinion when I read the candidate statements is he an amateur who will be over his head. Probably a rubber stamp.

    ReplyDelete