Persistance and Tenacity, requires a new chapter, a new beginning....

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kern Valley Healthcare District Board candidate: SAUL MCGARITY

Election 2010: Kern Valley Healthcare district board of Directors candidate Saul McGarity


Saul McGarity
Candidate Statement

I am retired after thirty years in the Labor Relations field where I worked in the following industries: Health Care, Paper, Cement, Oil and Mining. I was an advocate in Arbitration and Negotiations where my specialty was resolving problems.

I am the President of the Friends of the Hatchery, Docent at the Kernville museum and a member of the Douglas El Segundo Rod & Gun Club.

I look forward to being a Board Trustee and working together with the Board as a benefit to the constituency of the Kern Valley. To resolve problems and to maintain a fiduciary responsibility of the constituent’s taxes that goes to the Kern Valley Healthcare District.

Real Leaders do not spend time assigning blame or fault. I look forward to solving problems and stop lamenting over past or perceived errors. We must stop looking at the past and look forward for the constituents that we have the privilege of serving.

The only reason for placing blame is to know the source of the problem and make sure it never happens again.

Answers to Questions

1. Where do you see the Hospital 10 years from now? 20 years?

I don’t know how to answer this question because we have a Bond issue on the ballot. We don’t know if it will pass and if it doesn’t what the backup plan is because we will have two new members on the Board. I believe after the November election will be the time to project where the hospital will be in the future.

2. The hospital is a “public healthcare district”, how would you define that to the community”

First let me state that the hospital is open to the public and can be used by the public however, this hospital belongs to the constituents of the Kern River Valley. This is their hospital and therefore the board answers to the constituents and has a responsibility to assure the CEO, Doctors and employees are giving the best care in the safest environment for each patient as if they were their family.

3. Finish this sentence, the job of a KVHD Board Member...

Is to work with the CEO, to ensure that the hospital and healthcare fiduciary obligations are met. I want to assure patients are receiving the health care they deserve and the hospital is solvent to meet the needs of the constituents that are the true owners of the hospital.

4. How much time can you devote to this endeavor if you are elected?
I would like to state that my past work experience has given me the knowledge to resolve problems and the responsibility to help maintain the tax money in KVHD to meet obligations that will make it stable. Since I am retired, I will spend as much time as is necessary on the KVHD Board for the constituents of the Kern River valley.

Saul McGarity may be reached at mountaingrandpa@mchsi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment